Along the lines of the truck falling into the dock

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Wonder if i am one of the only people with an Halon fire extinguisher - its about 16 years old now and was sold by Woolworths before it got made well illegal - wont wreck you car but may well gas you in a confined space.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick</i>

The pics seem to have been deleted now, but I saved them to my hd at the time. If anyone wants them send me an email.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nick the forum email link dunt work - can you email them to my works account as its BB and will take a big file ( send them in the document rather tahn as an attachment or it treats it as spam)
ta - Marty
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Ok, just sent the pics, let me know if you don't receive them.
Nick
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Thanks Nick, got them - not able to send email to a non NHS account though! Crackers!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Martyhopkirk-I'm on a government system at work, and I can send emails to external accounts, but only if I put "chkd" (without the quotes) in the subject box. They will only go if thats all there is in the box, nothing else, which can be a bit confusing for the recipients......
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

I know a guy who was in the fire prevention business - sales so he travelled a lot. He always carried the right kind of extinguisher with him and on numerous occasions (he said) had come to the aid of a flaming motorist. He would then point out that as his extinguisher was now either useless or in need of a refill could he have the relevant number of £s. He eventually dropped the white knight role as it was costing him too much in £s and irritation.
Ref halon: We use to have loads of halon installations in computer suites. As I recall it doesn't actually do people any harm, except that it ain't oxygen so you get suffocated a bit. What it does so is blow holes in the ozone layer. Of course I could be mis-remembering.
PJ
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Martyhopkirk-I'm on a government system at work, and I can send emails to external accounts, but only if I put "chkd" (without the quotes) in the subject box. They will only go if thats all there is in the box, nothing else, which can be a bit confusing for the recipients......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nope - wont let me do it with that - which is even more irritating as i cant even send outside emails to official people (ie other organisations )- if it dunt end .nhs.uk it wont go!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

mine ends .gov.uk -I'm surprised they let us do it!!!
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Hi guys.
Mine ends .nhs.uk, but is off the main NHSnet, with direct links to the .gov.uk world.
Is there anything I can facilitate for you?
PJ
Address is in my profile - maybe only I can see that?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Worked out how to fettle it now - if the address is in my address book (even if i have just added it and its not a nhs addy) I can send to it.
If its not though - i cant!
Latest IT upgrade this week!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Looking forward to seeing these pictures![:D]
Although I have a clipping from a newspaper, showing the car falling into the dock.
The problem is that the pictures are thumbnail size, and not very good quality.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve been sent an email of "truck falling into dock".
Does anyone remember the original set of pics?As on mine,the big artic lorry falls in as well lifting the small hiab lorry out.Email me & i`ll pass them on.Although these ones are a bit "Irish" if you see what i mean.[:D][:I]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

YES PLEASE
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Sent to both now,so if you want to delete your emails.....
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Errr may be my semi new year hangover.....but are you sure you sent the right pic[:)]