Xantia Wheels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

anno888
My Cars:

Xantia Wheels

Post by anno888 »

Hi all,
My Xantia is due for 4 new tyres and as I see it, tyres will cost me around £55 each plus fitting (over £225). I have been looking on ebay and can get a half descent set of alloys with new tyres for around £150 that I will be able to fit myself. I know I need to look for a four stud pattern but is there anything else I need to consider....... new studs??
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

They need to have the correct bolt hole P.C.D (pitch circle diameter) not just four holes, and the correct centre hole size, the tyres must be of the correct size, load and speed rating for your car.
If they are genuine Citroen wheels they will very likely use flat head wheel bolts as opposed to tapered ones, if so make sure they come with them as they are about £60 a set.
If they are not citroen you will have the problem of obtaining the correct bolt, the thread is 12mm x 1.25mm, the length of them is dependant on the thickness of your wheel.
You'd be better off with just new good quality tyres if you can't be sure of the above requirements, and as with anything on Ebay you can't 100%.
Dave