PERSONAL PLATES

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Keith Harris regularly drives round Blackpool in his black Merc with the plates ORV 1L.
Personally i always prefered Cuddles the Monkey.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

I have the private plate K56XEL on my BX.
If you know anyone called Xavier Ewan Lewis, please pass on my details, thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Jon
I had a black Xantia (now gone) with K59XEL. I thought of offering it to Excelsior Coaches in Bournemouth - all their coaches have plates including XEL.
Jamie
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

This is true. I swear on my BX. This is not one of those "A friend of my cousin's flatmate once saw..." stories.
In Tower Hamlets in 1997 I saw a BMW with the plate A 12" DIK, and underneath, where you normally see a garage name, were the words "you better believe it".
I mean if you are going to talk about the links between manhood and cars, I don't think I have anything to prove. My BX might take a while to warm up, but it comes up quickly, stays up as long as I need and goes like a rocket. [:)]
Feel slightly naughty now, like I've got away with saying a bad word and my mum is pretending she hasn't heard. I hope Jon doesn't give me a slap.
O
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Always thought they were a bit nobby myself, till I saw C7 RLF (carl foley see) for sale on the dvla site for £400, Mrs F said I would always regret it if I didn't get it[:I] and I have sort of got attached to it.
Cost me nought in the end, bro in law payed in exchange for my old 416,[;)] When stopped by the police for a tyre check told me to stop worrying about the spacing because it doesn't look like i'm hiding what it says.
PS CHAV GEORGE CROSS PUT ON WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE WAITING FOR A WARM DAY TO PICK IT OFF
James.
My Cars:

Post by James. »

A lil bit off-topic.. But is it possible to curve your number plate? top to bottom curve I mean.. To reduce drag, [:o)] every little helps on a 1.9D lol.. And help divert more air through the bottom of the rad.. Will they bend if heated? and any idea how best to heat them up? I only want to curve it slightly nothing megga!! [:D]
I tried to get my old number off a car I scrapped years ago. FLX 80 but Swansea said no chance.. [:(!] And I sure wont pay silly money to get one so bog standard it will remain.. [:I]
Hope you all had a nice Xmas and all the best for 2005. [:)]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Oscar Too
In Tower Hamlets in 1997 I saw a BMW with the plate A 12" DIK, and underneath, where you normally see a garage name, were the words "you better believe it".
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Was this a small BMW ?
Also was it a debadged one ?
Therefore without the badge, others would not know what it is.
As for Mr Lover Lover with 300mm, well. [:D] LOL [:D]
Sounds like he's over promising, and under delivering !
Just like his car ! [:)]
Just imagine if his mum borrowed the car, or even his dad, and what would happen !
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Best plates I have seen:
FAT 61T (GIT) on a Range Rover.
NOB 50X on a Montego estate of all things
MAG1C on Paul Daniel's Ferrari - not any more though...