Anyone seen the Citroen C1?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yep that's right. Dacia are now re-badged Renaults like the Savana, 21,19,14 etc. The Duster was a 4X4 runing Renault 5 engine and mechanicals with a crude but tough transfer box for the back end. Top speed 74mph as I found out at 75mph when the unit blew up on the dual carriage way out of Redditch(West Mids) back in 1990. Bright almost glow in the dark yellow with a canvas roof. Very simple to repair as loads of space to work in. Apparently made for the use of the Military so had to be 'combat field engineered' You only got a speedo and fuel guage no lights on etc or temp warning. Top little motor back then as so easy to get on with and repair. Chopped it in on a Rover 213 (Honda Concerto).
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

EEEEEW - Rover 213
had a 216GSi for 14 weeks - 11 weks it was at the dealers whilst they tried to fix the auto box and the small paddling pool in the boot - eventually the dealer got p***ed off with me complaining about the carp car (even threw the MD of the dealers out of the car on a test drive when the box was having one of its wobbily fits when he made the fatal comment "but you wouldnt stick to 30mph sir would you?")
Think the final straw for him came when I parked it up on the forcourt with a big notice in the window stating what exactly was wrong with the car and how long they had been "trying" to fix it.
Took car back, gave me a loaner Primera and my money back. Be wary of the small Nissan dealership in south Preston (they also "replaced" the clutch on wifes grandfathers Micra - only for it to still be biteing high and go again teh next month - blamed him being an old man and riding the clutch - soon backed down when i dropped the original 1984 clutch plate on the MD's lovely wooden desk)
Sorry that went WAAAAY off topic.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

EEEEEW - Rover 213
(they also "replaced" the clutch on wifes grandfathers Micra - only for it to still be biteing high and go again teh next month - blamed him being an old man and riding the clutch - soon backed down when i dropped the original 1984 clutch plate on the MD's lovely wooden desk)
Sorry that went WAAAAY off topic.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just noticed:
Your WIFE'S GRANDFATHER?
I hope I'm still driving when I'm 104, even if it is a micra with a **** clutch[:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dan.2cv</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

EEEEEW - Rover 213
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just noticed:
Your WIFE'S GRANDFATHER?
I hope I'm still driving when I'm 104, even if it is a micra with a **** clutch[:D]
Wifes grandfather was 89 when he stopped driving (I think it was the dying which did it). My grandfather is 94 and still driving - he has just anounced his intention to get married again, to his 69 year old girlfriend. Obviously once we had all picked ourselves up from ROFLMAO we wished him (and Reene) all the best..... He drives a Vauxhall Van!
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Awwww bless.
I think I might have spelt 'shot' wrong in the last thread too.....