zx 1.4 fuel problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ben3

zx 1.4 fuel problems

Post by ben3 »

can u tell me if im right i have a Citroen zx 1.4 it loves petrol and when its cold it seems to have a mind of its own on the revs side also when it is hot and i pull up at lights or road end its revs sometimes take a while to drop im thinking this is a choke problem it has a weber single point injection carb as i said it is a zx 1.4 p reg any ideas plz????? on how to fix this.[:)]
ben3

Post by ben3 »

it seems having read pages on pages of the forum that thi fuel injection single point carb dont have a choke so i now must presume this is down to a temp sensor for the ecu but have no idea which sensor controls the extra flow of petrol into carb as thi may be problem also forgot to say my tail pipe on zx is sooty.[:(]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yep - there is a CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor) working as a "choke".
On the BX it used to have a blue plastic connection piece, but seems to remember this "has turned" green on later models.
In any case it's a 2pole connection.
Used to be located near the thermostat housing, but I believe it could be at rear on the 1.4 TU engine ?
If the CTS disconnects by age & wear (or the cable does) then the ECU is signalled a constantly cold engine.
ben3

Post by ben3 »

thanks for that info will look tomoz and check wires are ok hopefully that will be it.[:)]