Unusual uses for Cit suspension #162534

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Amazing, while watching BBC London News, there was a report about wheel clampers [:o)] who now can't earn a living, because they have not received paperwork from the S.I.A. to allow them to carry on clamping on private land, it appeared that they were expecting sympathy for their problem.
Yeah right, like the sympathy and understanding they have when they clamp, and extort money from drivers. [}:)] [:(!]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

It was also mentioned on the report that they might have to increase their charges to cover the period when they were not earning/working.
So the already expensive fines that they inflict upon drivers will go up, so they can be extorted even more. [:(!]
Just imagine the conversation "Yes sir it will cost you £600 to have your car released from the clamp, but if we tow it it will cost £1000."
What a bunch of A***H***S clampers are. [:(!]
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

with regards to removing a clamp, jacking the car and letting down the tire is the way to go, however the clamp has to be handed into the police as lost property, unless some one can show you that they own the clamp (i.e. a recept, working for the company isnt enough).
so long as you folow this you havent broken the old laws (not sure if the new legisation changes this).
Andy
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> with regards to removing a clamp, jacking the car and letting down the tire is the way to go<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Unfortunately this doesn't work with the clamps used by the council round here- they are also chained round the strut or any handy crossmember or arm, and you have to do a fair bit of dismantling as well- most of which will probably require the wheel to be removed, so what people do is just smash or grind the padlock off- for some reason they use cheap padlocks.
Don't rely on having a lowered Citroen to prevent being clamped either!! They may not be able to get a council chain clamp on, but The DVLA untaxed vehicle unit clamps are a pretty compact claw type and don't extend much above hub level!!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I was amused to hear a radio station or was it a newspaper advocate simply cutting the padlock with bolt cutters on the basis that the clampers wouldn't dare make a complaint to the police. The advice then was simply leave the calmp where you found it!
This wouldn't apply to local authority etc clamps.
Jeremy