Citroen Car Club

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Yes Stuart; just trying to get in before Mike!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bah! Sulk! [}:)]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by broomie</i>
I don't have a caravan, a pipe , slippers or a DS, H-van etc...
There is time, Paul. You would appreciate a DS.
Mike, who has owned slippers since the age of four. No H-van, caravan or pipe, though [:(]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon Canfer</i>
The club wasn't quite what I'd expected; ideally I'd have liked to see more technical info - exactly what this forum provides.
This supports what I was saying, Simon; it is dependent on people submitting material. Those who are put off by the lack of tech stuff are the very people who could make a valuable contribution by supplying some.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Maybe a tool loan service would be good too. Personally I don't need the social element at present.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The administration for tool loan would probably be a nightmare!
I do not <b>need</b> the social side, but it is nice to <b>have</b>. Faces to names, and all that stuff.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I also found the club biased towards the hydraulic models; natural enough, if they need more support.
Dunno - the A-Series, H and TA get good coverage.
beezer

Post by beezer »

"Mike, who has owned slippers since the age of four. No H-van, caravan or pipe, though"
I thought you Citroen people had nothing but pipes?
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

"Mike, who has owned slippers since the age of four. No H-van, caravan or pipe, though"
I thought you Citroen people had nothing but pipes?
LOL - and hopefully intact ones! (BVH DS has miles of the stuff!)
beezer

Post by beezer »

I have a Xantia clutch to change today. I might be cursing at one or two pipes!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

I have a Xantia clutch to change today. I might be cursing at one or two pipes!
Now if you were a member of the club you could read Dave's article on fitting a Xantia clutch[:D]
beezer

Post by beezer »

I doubt if that would stop the cursing! Why do they attach the sphere to the gearbox when it would not be any more difficult to attach it to the block? A myriad of clamping bolts make me think they have had much indecision as to how to attach the thing in the first place. I would have thought the gearbox would likely come out more often than the engine and the sphere could rest in peace. Quite amusing how the Haynes book shows an unobstructed gearbox mounting. What particular variation of Xantia were they using for the photos then?