Rear Spoilers for BX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I suppose if it actually had lift then yes fix it. Have to wonder how something like that wasnt spotted in development?
My old mondeo si had the tiniest rear spoiler, about an inch or so, lip at the end of the boot :)
I forget with the bx, which one had the lip spoiler and which had the raised one? ie mk1 or 2. The 309 gti was the same, started with a lip one then went to a worse looking (in my opinion) raised style
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

I suppose if it actually had lift then yes fix it. Have to wonder how something like that wasnt spotted in development?
My old mondeo si had the tiniest rear spoiler, about an inch or so, lip at the end of the boot :)
I forget with the bx, which one had the lip spoiler and which had the raised one? ie mk1 or 2. The 309 gti was the same, started with a lip one then went to a worse looking (in my opinion) raised style
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
My rear wing is great, it provides loads of downforce,,, if by downforce i mean sits on the back & looks pretty.[:D]
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

he bx in question is lukes, white with quaddies, bodykit is standard for a p216v! lukes a cool chap, a fair bit of engine work on his!!! (mine is the black one with quaddies!!)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Surely a spoiler on a BX wouldn't work at all???
If any downforce were to be created, then it would act as extra weight on the back suspension, which would compensate accordingly, presumeably?
The car would just "think" there was a bit more weight in the boot.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I know it makes the tailgate come down with a hell of a bang too;) and airflow there is laminar. ie no rain falls on the rear screen onca moving so presumably the spoiler sits in some rapid airflow, though the cross section looks too slabby to be efficient.
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

After lots of Germans and a couple of Brits were seriously killed in them <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's fairly serious when you get killed...
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

My point exactly Kowalski.Spoils the pension plan for the suits who want to steal it.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cornishbx16v</i>

he bx in question is lukes, white with quaddies, bodykit is standard for a p216v! lukes a cool chap, a fair bit of engine work on his!!! (mine is the black one with quaddies!!)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
nice lookin BX MATE!!!!!!!! Didnt see the avatar pic before was on crappy work pc.