Xantia Driver side Wing Mirror, how much?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulkilham

Xantia Driver side Wing Mirror, how much?

Post by paulkilham »

I need to replace the Offside wing mirror (plastic casing & mirror)
how much should this cost? can I retain the motorised & heating parts inside, or do I have to replace the whole unit?
Go to a breakers yard, or to a dealer?
The model is: Xantia SX TD estate.
Any advice appreciated, also despite being informed that it is usual for oil to collect in the turbo & burn off around 3000 revs, this sounds like nonsense to me, my car is burning oil at 1600 revs & clears above 2000 , any ideas?
Thanks for any relevant advice.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Welcome Paul. I believe the wing mirrors come as a unit if you need more than just the glass. I have seen them on ebay. Another source on the net is the breaker's yard; there are a number of salvage and car part sites that ask you to fill in a form to request the item you want and then you get phoned or e-mailed quotes from different yards. You could try the host site (GSF) but I would think second hand would be cheaper. As for Citroen, I'd imagine you'd have to trade the car in to pay for the part - but you could check.
DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Don't bother with a Cit dealer - I made that mistake a couple of years ago, before I discovered GSF. An electric drivers door mirror for a Xantia SX at that time cost me a crazy £125 just for the part...
No, you don't have to retain the innards - the replacement is a complete bolt-on unit.
Yawler

Post by Yawler »

There is another way - drill right through from the bottom - carefully, and refasten the broken mirror housing with a long bolt & washers - I used an 8mm stainless bolt so the top won't go rusty.