Otherwise perfect Xantia wet as a fish

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Otherwise perfect Xantia wet as a fish

Post by martyhopkirk »

Seems to be suffering perenial damp problem.
Even with A/C switched on took an hour to completely clear all windows.
A/C just been pressure checked and recharged. No loss of coolant and no damp front carpets.
Boot carpet seems a little damp. So water leak tracking begins! Just tought with the A/C on and switched to recirculate should clear quicker.....
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

i have the same problem mate, if you go down woolworths you can buy these clever little moisture removers (they are a tray thing with water absorbing crystals at the top the crystals absorb water and then turn into a sort of liquid salty thing that falls into the bottom which you can then empty) you find them in the household maintenance section---anyway i have a couple in my car and they remove a lot of the moisture from the air so even though it leaks like a sieve my windscreen stays clear
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Marty, not sure if you meant what you wrote but recirculate will just pass the air around inside the car. You need the other end, fresh air, to clear the car of moisture with the a/c running.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

What Robin said:)
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Is this an estate? If so it will be the membrane inside the boot lid leaking.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Its a hatch.
Robin - I stand corrected - I always thought the A/C removed moisture from the air if it was set to recirculate by drying the air (really MUST read the manual)
Thanks.
Got to admit Weety, did think about a moisture remover or two myself. May still try that (if just to keep teh windscreen clear)
Thanks all.
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

recirculating air makes things worse. Maoisture from breath plus any damp are recirculated: clelary you have lots in your car. They condense on windows. Cycle starts again.
Leak likley where rear wiper is mounted in hatchback.
Open hatch slightly, propr open 5cm with a stick and pour water on outside with watering can. You'll soon see if leaks from there..
(silicon sealant - clear- is very good:-)