CAR SECURITY BE CAREFULL WHERE YOU LEAVE IT!!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Not at all car related this, but like the “BX crushes chav” story it still makes me chuckle..
When I was a kid we lived in a fairly isolated house that had a lot of old dilapidated sheds and outbuildings round the back. I can’t remember exactly how this started, but in one of the sheds was a large box of dud lightbulbs. I think we had originally been intending taking them all to the tip or something, but over the years whenever a bulb blew it got put in the ‘dud lightbulbs box’ until the box was practically full! One night someone pushed their way through the back hedge and broke into the shed. There being nothing else in there of any apparent value, they stole the huge box full of dud lightbulbs. The funniest part was that the bottom of the box wasn’t secure, so they would have had a hell of a job holding the box together as they carried it to the road about ½ a mile away across a field, which would have involved scrabbling through a dense patch of brambles and nettles.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall the first time they tried one of the bulbs;
“Hmmm, it doesn’t work, I’ll try another...... Funny, that one doesn’t work either,.....or this one....or this one”
[:D][}:)]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes,it would seem the Chavs are as bright as the bulbs they stole
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I thought I would also mention that, when the CHAVS played with my car,that they didn't touch a car that had been dumped in the car park at Sainsburys. This was a rough old Granada(on an E plate) that was no where near me, and obviously not cared for, and had been there possibly two months at least. Also the employee who collects in the trolleys, had a rather knackered old Orion (on an H plate),and he had not had his car touched, and there were items on his back seat that could attract the very limited attention of the CHAVS (note,he was also parked near to me,and works all hours)
The Police had actually visited the store twice, during the time I had discovered what had happened to my car, but they were on site at some distance away, and were not going to be there for long. They had also attended Sainsburys, because of two episodes of shoplifting,and were busy dealing with these crimes, and the morons who had commited them. For me to have the Police deal with my car, I would have to make a seperate call, to get another patrol car there, with more officers on site!
Sainsburys would not cover the damage done to my car, I like most of us have an excess to pay, if I make a claim on the insurance. So I will have to replace the door that was bent back beyond repair, and fix it myself, because it's far cheaper, than the excess,possible loss of no claim bonus, and increased premium next year.[:(!][:(!]
So little CHAV, I have no time for you, an your insignificant little life, and one day you might grow up and get a life, you muppet.
Although that might be hoping for the impossible, like getting other people to respect other peoples property.
Have you ever noticed, that if someone walks in to you they normally apologise, but if they open their car door quickly, and damage yours they dont give a s**t. People can be very two faced and inconsiderate!![:(!][:(!]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

There is a temporary fix for doors that have been damaged like this, if you haven't done it already. Open door, wind the window all the way down, sit in the seat, put your knees against the middle of the door, hold it at the top of the frame with both hands and pull the top back in. Its not perfect, but it keeps the weather out until you can replace the door.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, I am aware of that temporary fix, and managed to use it. Although I did it with the drop glass in the closed position, due to the possibility that the window might not be able to lift up the guides again to close properly, checking closely proved that I had made the correct decision. Also the lifting arm on the drop glass mechanism had obviously been bent out of it's correct shape due to the amount of force used. Although the glass remained intact it will not sit correctly in the up position I.E. there are tiny gaps which will let the rain, or a tea leaf in if they were to look close enough. So I decided to SORN the vehicle, to carry out this repair, and anything else that might need some attention, that one is to busy to attend to, when the vehicle is in regular use. The fact is, this is a design which has doors, which are in comparison not as thick framed at the glass area, as say a modern Citroen. With the modern design there is a greater degree of safety, and strength which is what we all want, although watching Fifth Gear on T.V. this week on 22nd of Nov they raised the point about the view out of the modern car (from any manufacturer) is obstructed by these thicker door pillars, and doors etc. Personally, I do not regard this issue as a problem, I would rather be safer, and more secure.