orange light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orange light

Post by 001272 »

hi guys wonderin if u can help me when i push my brake pedal i get an orange light appearing on the dash can anybody help its an orage circle light with orange lights appearing round the outsides.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It's the brake pad wear warning light. Get the front pads checked - they will probably need changing since the light comes on when you brake. If it was just coming on randomly, it would probably just be a broken wire.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichardW</i>

It's the brake pad wear warning light. Get the front pads checked - they will probably need changing since the light comes on when you brake. If it was just coming on randomly, it would probably just be a broken wire.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Concur. As for stray brake leads. When my wife had an AX, I took it in to a dealership on a warranty issue. They ended up changing the front brakes and forgot to reinsert the brake wear indicator leads so when it was wet used to randomnly cause issues. Dealerships eh?[:(!]
tris

Post by tris »

yup definetly worn brake pads. Mine were worn down only on one pad! all the others were fine. The cause was a seized caliper which wasn't "floating" on the disc. Make sure when you replace the pads (which are only cheap and come with new wires) that the calipers slide from left to right with ease on thier mountings.
Things will become clear when you start taking things apart.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Had this exact problem however the pads and discs were fine, after closer inspection it was the actual sensor unit and wire which had begun to melt as a bit of bare wire was on show and was making contact with something round the brake disc, this heated the wire up and started to melt the rubber contact, just taped up the bare wire and moved it away as much as possible, no problem now.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

I've had false warnings for brake wear from frayed sensor wires on a number of cars - BX's and Pug 309 (same front brakes).
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I gave up trusting brake pad sensors years ago. I recently whipped off the front wheels to check the state of the pads. They were fine but since then, roughly twice a week the warning light gives a few flickers when starting. But nothing to worry about!