xantia suspension prob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

natace1972

xantia suspension prob

Post by natace1972 »

hi all ive a xantia sx 1994,my prob is over last few months my suspension seems to be not working proper,probs are as followed.
if i put to max ride high and start from cold it seems to bounce when i first start to drive,sec
if i ride normal it seems like when i go over a stone little pot hole the hole cars going to fall apart as when i hit pot hole or stone etc i can feel it big time.all the suspension works as should do and just passed the mot,garage says nothing wrong and another xantia driver said this to,but i know there is as wasnt like this when i got the car,was a very nice drive,now it feels like im driving a tank with all the bumps i feel when driving.
could anyone help out with what mite be the probs and the fix,im in the norfolk area of the uk if anyone know a good garage
thank you
nat
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Hi Nat
It'll always bounce around on max ride height - you've taken all the travel out of the suspension. Don't worry about that.
Unclear what your symptoms are at normal ride height. If you have it sat idling at normal ride height, then bounce on the corners, does it compress and bounce as you'd expect, or is one or more corners very stiff? If so, suspect spheres, a cheap fix...
Have you any idea when the hydraulic oil was last drained, flushed and replaced...?
There's a garage near Diss (Wolsey House Motors) who appears to know what he's doing with Citroens and could probably sort it for you, I have no idea whatsoever what his labour rates are. Oh God, this is the 2nd post I've mentioned him, sorry guys, I'm not an advertising agency, I just don't know anyone else in Norfolk.
Cheers
Pete
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

normal ride height seem find with doing that test m8, just how you would expect it to be,hydraulic oil changed about 4 months ago still green,and this is about the time this prob started,cheers for the garage any idea his telephone num m8,if so could u email it to me at
natace1972@jings.com
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

suggestyoudgetbetterandmorehelpfulresponsesiftherewasmorepunctuation
inyourpostandyouusedsomecapitallettersthisisafterallaplainenglish
forumitsnotthatpeopleexpectaparticularlyhighstandardofenglishjust
enoughtobeclearandcommunicative
beezer

Post by beezer »

'''',,,,..."":;;..,,,,,,,,().
Your task for the day is to place as many of these as you can in the last posted reply.
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Just used google, same as you could :-). WHM are on 01379 644133
Pete
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

Panjandrum u need to chill m8, this is a forum not a school lession take it else where if u cant offer help on the car then stay off the thread,if my english typing is bad so what do i need to know english to fix my car nope
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

'''',,,,..."":;;..,,,,,,,,().
Your task for the day is to place as many of these as you can in the last posted reply.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
((:¿ left over (you'd printed some in white)
beezer

Post by beezer »

Pink surely?
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

natace1972,
Clear communication is a courtesy.
PJ
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Sorry - I thought the pink was self induced at lunchtime.
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

so is staying off peoples thread posting crap,i can read it no probs and im guess lots of other more helpfull members can,but then most forums have there idiots and im guess ive found this ones one
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Driving with the car on "max ride high" is not recommended; it may damage your suspension.
My first post was of course intended to be helpful. You may not have noticed that your first respondent also had difficulty understanding you: "Unclear what your symptoms are at normal ride height."
If "normal ride height seem find with doing that test m8" then you may not have a problem at all.
So before you try to explain your problem to the garage you might like to describe it here - clearly.
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

natace1972
Asking for help and then being rude is not a way of gaining help or assistance. Nor is being sarcastic..
natace1972

Post by natace1972 »

im sorry to the member if I was rude but don’t like being taken the p**s out of, because I cannot type proper English simple cannot understand your post would have done. I will try and to clear first post up so I can get the help I need so here goes
on high ride height on start up my car will bounce. (I don’t drive it on high this was just a test)
On low ride height the car feels like hard on the suspension i.e. if I go over a small stone, mud on road or pot hole the whole car feels it like I was on high ride height.
The suspension is working like it should do and has just passed the m.o.t.
If I ride the car on high ride height after the bouncing has stopped then the probs above seem to be a lot better.
as before sorry to panjandrum but seem like it was rude to me.
Hope this has cleared my post up so I can find out what’s wrong before I go garage
thank you
Nat