dead 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

why didnt you stick with the bosch pump??
Switching the pumps can be very tricky to do, try the solenoid, you could take an injector pipe off the top of an injector and turn it over see if any diesel is cooming through. If nones coming through at all then the solenoid is likely suspect. If it is then check the glowplugs are getting hot. If they are then I would suggest the pump timing is checked either by calling out someone with proper lucas timing tools or trying to hire the toll and DIY. Haynes gives a guide on how to do this.
beezer

Post by beezer »

It seems to be that the immobiliser is preventing the solenoid from being energised. If the Bosch pump is without an immobiliser then I would swap them back. Bosch pump usually goes with Bosch injectors and Lucas with Lucas. Quite possible there are different delivery patterns etc. Problem is you should have marked the position of the pump before renewal. You should be able to get it started anyway and get it properly timed later. Most engines (s/h) are purposely sold with the pump to avoid all the hassle of timing.
martyb2
My Cars:

Post by martyb2 »

I'm going to try putting the bosch pump back on it and try and adapt the wiring to suit the peugeot harness, as i got most of the front section of the citroen xantia with the engine, and see if that makes any difference