Saxo rds cd /radio misbehaving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leonard1
My Cars:

Saxo rds cd /radio misbehaving

Post by leonard1 »

Hi
Got a 01 1.1 5 door Saxo 6 months ago. My wife (who drives it more, relegating me to the old AX) and I love it.
I have a problem with the radio. Yesterday I was driving along with it on fine. Went off for lunch for 1 hour. Came back radio came back on but no sound out of speakers. Also noted that my preset station selection has gone. Any ideas? It does not come back asking for the code to be reentered.
It is under warranty from the Citroen garage in Kingston but takes 1 hour to get to so if simple/cheap rather try something myself ...
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Guy at work had this very problem with his Xsara Piccaso. Take it back to the dealer as its under warranty you have already paid for the repair or replacement.
leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

The radio isn't guaranteed I don't think.
Went to H*lfords yesterday as thought cost of fixing it might exceed cost of new Kenwood or JVC under special offer, with free fitting, there for £100.
Lo and behold back to car park, turn engine on, radio comes on.
Go to Sainsburys do shop, back to car, no sound again.
Last night the same again when I used it. What is going on?
Is it likely there is a loose connection on the back of the radio and where can you get the tool to take the radio out (2 tiny holes)?
I definatley know its not the fuse as have replaced those, which acted to reboot the radio.
beezer

Post by beezer »

If it is two holes on each side of fascia, two lengths of coathanger wire with slight hook formed on ends will pull it out. You bend each piece of wire in half and put each (again, slightly hooked) end through the holes.