BX wiper blades tearing.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

An excellent product which does remove the smearing on windscreens is a paste available from Jaguar dealers called surprisingly, 'Clean Screen Paste.' It comes in a small bottle, is expensive at around £3 but does work.
Its made up of white paste which obviously has some cleaning 'gritty' properties which remove the build up of muck on the screen. Best of all, it lasts for months and was the only thing which could remove the smearing on the screen of my 97 Xantia when I bought it.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DLM</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I've recently gone over to contact lenses from SPECSAVERS and that made it worse.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bernie - dare I suggest you SHOULDN'T gave gone somewhere .....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Come out of the dark who ever said that[8D][8D][8D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DLM</i>

Tom, I seem to remember hearing of a local source of brand new BX screens. I'll check it out.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If it's the one I'm thinking of
'A garage with no name' out Denmead or around there down a long lane.
Unfortunatly all the BX screens are gone[:(][:(]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If you need white paste to clean your windscreen, follow a tip I got from a coach driver - toothpaste!
Doesn't cost anything like £3 tube but then again it doesn't have the Jaguar emblem on it - however it works just as well - just enough abrasive to get the rubbish off the screen without making marks. I'm sure tesco's will do as well as any.
//NiSk
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Hi,
Things that I have used in the past with varying degrees of success:
1. News paper, screwed up into a ball, then rub hard with some pressure.
2. Cut a potato in half, then use the cut face on the screen.
3. Best of all for very stuborn mist is cutting paste, washed off with clean water.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Tom is it possible that the solvents you are using are attacking the rubber?, best thing for cleaning screens are baby wipes [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]. The GSF blades were always good on my BX especially the 8 point suspension ones
Pete
________
Crack rehab forum
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Thanks for the screen info, Bernie. Is the no-name place still functioning, or even semi-functioning? I located it when dropping off daughter #1 nearby, but there's never seemed to be anyone home.
As for the eyewear debate, perhaps I'll remain in the gloom.....