xm central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimbo
My Cars:

xm central locking

Post by jimbo »

The central locking now activates on its own
while driving along it opens and closes at rapid fire. Anyone know how to test which door lock might be faulty or does anyone know anything to help please.See previous posting.
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The central locking now activates on its own
while driving along it opens and closes at rapid fire. Anyone know how to test which door lock might be faulty or does anyone know anything to help please.See previous posting.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>no idea on this model of car but had it on a vw passat 1 of the 3 wires on switch in drivers door broke (it was the earth) so the other 2 wires acted as earth to each other and resulted in locking unlocking simular to yours but knowing cits it will be something else
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I have got a ZX that's started doing this at the moment, sometimes it does it on it's own but will allways do it when the electric window on the passenger side is opened or closed, either from that side or from the drivers door makes no difference, it keeps firing the unlock pulse so it doesn't actually lock the doors, I suspect a bad earth or broken wire there somewhere.
Dave