xantia front strut replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andy
My Cars:

xantia front strut replacement

Post by Andy »

Hi
I am replacing the front strut on my Xantia, however on looseniong the anti roll bar droplink I have loosened the nut to near the end of the thread, where it becomes very tight, the allen key slot sems to have rounded off.
any one have any sugestions how I can remove this nut without causing further damage.
Andy
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The drop link is usually so worn it's worth replacing - use an angle grinder and fit a new drop link - it's not worth the grief trying to undo it.
//NiSk
spanners

Post by spanners »

I AGREE WITH NISK UNLESS THERE IS SOMETIMES A FLAT ON THE TIE ROD FOR A 16MM SPANNER BUT I WOULD REPLACE (ANDYSPARES STOCK ALL) BUT BE CAREFUL WHICH ONE YOU ORDER THERE ARE AT LEAST 4 TYPES.
Morten
My Cars:

Post by Morten »

Hi,
I have just replaced lower control arm bushes on my Xantia. In the Haynes manual they said I had to losen the anti roll bar droplink. I got the same problem as you. Since my anti roll bar was quite new I used a nut splitter. It worked fine and did no harm to the threads. For those of you planning to replace lower control arm bushes, don't remove the anti roll bar. It can be done without removing the anti roll bar.
Morten
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

There are two drop links for the Xantia, early ones have a 10mm x 1.5mm thread and later ones have a 12mm x 1.75mm thread, replacement nut's need to be the self locking type, nylock or similar.
Dave