xm display

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marski
My Cars:

xm display

Post by marski »

i have a 1995 xm with most of the extras.the dot matrix display on the dash doesn't work. all that appears are occasional meaningless dots.any suggestions anybody?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Right, first check the fuses - the XM uses 3 fuses to determine the language of the display. There's a chance that a previous owner didn't like the messages he was getting on the display (for example: ABS system out of order).
I think it's fuses 10 - 13, but check in the owners handbook for your car.
//NiSk
marski
My Cars:

Post by marski »

well NiSK, i wish it was as simple as a fuse but i have checked them all.because there is no readable display i can't tell which language it's in. there are 3 computer modules under the hood,do you know if one of them controls the dot matrix display? as for abs faults that's another problem to look into with the help of the forums as it seems a common problem. regards
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

What I meant was that a previous owner may have pulled a fuse to conceal the fact that the ABS is out of use (to avoid failing an MOT).
If you check out the following link you will find circuit diagrams for most XM details:
http://citroeny.cz/servis/xmser/elektro/elektro.html
Unfortunalty the texts are in Czech (and som German) but the diagrams are understandable.
//NiSk