Xantia rear disc pads

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jemboyd
My Cars:

Xantia rear disc pads

Post by jemboyd »

Can someone tell me the proceedure for changing rear disc pads on my 1997 Xantia? Is it a complicated business, or simple like a Cortina, and is their any spilling of fluid or bleeding necessary???
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Xantia rear disc pads

Post by Dave Burns »

Good Idea to use the search facility, your question's may already have been answered and could save you time in getting thing's done.
Dave
viewtopic.php?&t=1075
Last edited by xantia_v6 on 26 Jun 2022, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing link
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

jemboyd,
What's the latest news with those leaning wheels of yours?
Alan S
jemboyd
My Cars:

Post by jemboyd »

Thank you for your concern, Alan. The people tell me they changed some 'arm' in the rear suspension - apparently it runs from left to right under the car. I'm not familiar with what he's talking about, but they say the wheel's now straight. I am going to alignment people to check for myself even though the wheels look straight to the eye.Are you familiar with this 'arm' they're talking about??
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I would think it's the "swing arm" which was the part a couple of us suggested *may* have been worn due to too long a time from when the bearing started to fail until it was rectified. They can wear at the top on the outside & the bottom on the inside.
If it now looks straight, chances are that it is.
It's possibly just a terminology thing but I would suspect we are all talking about the same part.
Good to hear it's sorted, now you can really experience the joy of a nice riding and handling Citroen. You should be pleasantly surprised.
Alan S