Xantia Heater Blower Not Working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p.rourke
My Cars:

Xantia Heater Blower Not Working

Post by p.rourke »

The heater blower on my xantia as stopped working any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
pete
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Start with the electrical part of the ignition switch, a known fault.
It has been known (on this site) for the ignition key to get hot due to arcing contact's in the switch.
Dave
jemboyd
My Cars:

Post by jemboyd »

Let someone check the fan motor (under the glove box). I recently had this problem and discovered a bad connection at the motor.
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

hi pete
check the fuse to see if you are getting a current across the contacts (obvious). my heater blower died on me and it turned out to the main feed in the loom had a split in the insulator allowing the copper core to corrode clean through. there is also a thermal cutout resistor on the fan motor which sometimes needs replacing.
hope that helps
steve k
steve kerr
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

check the seal at the scuttle panel for leaking in water to the motor
mg46783
My Cars:

Post by mg46783 »

Well !! Plenty of ideas here then so you should get to the bottom of it eh!!
My personal favourite would be, as someone mentioned , the wiring to the heater motor, under the glove box. Been there,done that.
Switch your ign. on, switch the heater blower on, then go under and have a wiggle of the wires. If it bursts into life - there you have it. Tends to be loose wires or, more likely, worn /sticking brushes and just wiggling the wires starts it off again usually, usually for a long long time. Only if your unlucky (if this is the fault) will you have to whip the motor out and "study" it. Tha said, its only 3 secrews if I recall. Let us know what happens anyhow.
cheers
Mike