306TD Into ZXTD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

buddster

306TD Into ZXTD

Post by buddster »

Dear All,
I've managed to track down a 61,000 1.9TD engine out of a 306 (I think there made by Peugeot or someone!) to replace my punctured lump. What parts (if any) will I have to swap over from my existing engine to it? Also, anything worth renewing whilst it's out of the car? I know how tight the engine bay can become when trying to change something!
Cheers.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Since the two engines are PSA XUD's, they should be the same. While its out, it would be a very easy job to put on a new cambelt and maybe replace the tensioner pulley.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

It will probably have a clutch still fitted, if so don't trust it, stick a new one in, or if there is nothing wrong with the ZX clutch bung that in, don't forget a very thin smear of grease on the spline's and spigot.
I would also give it a new water pump and both crankshaft seal's, especially if keeping it long term.
Dave
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Hi
When I enquired at 'Ecosse' about Tunning Citreons 1.9td's, they said the Exhaust manifolds are diiferent to one-another (Citreons to Pugs), and they only do Pugs. What that is, I haven't a clue.
Thought that might be something to lookout for??
dave kelly
My Cars:

Post by dave kelly »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Dear All,
I've managed to track down a 61,000 1.9TD engine out of a 306 (I think there made by Peugeot or someone!) to replace my punctured lump. What parts (if any) will I have to swap over from my existing engine to it? Also, anything worth renewing whilst it's out of the car? I know how tight the engine bay can become when trying to change something!
Cheers.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
dave kelly
My Cars:

Post by dave kelly »

Why did you need a new engine? was it by any chance a conrod through the block? This happened to my ZX TD 1997 66,000 well serviced miles.
I put in a Peugeot 306 td engine Identical. new clutch, waterpump, cambelt cam oilseals, crank oilseals, and driveshaft oilseals all easy to do while the engine is out. My fuel pump has an immobiliser fitted so diesel pump from my engine was used in order for the pump to work.
[/quote]