citroen zx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mick flanagan
My Cars:

citroen zx

Post by mick flanagan »

hi does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram for a zx 1.9td only i have taken out the standard citroen radio and put in a cd player i wanted to know if there was any speaker wires that run to the back so i can put some rear speakers in .thanks mick
mick flanagan
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Haynes show's there to be speaker wire's going to the rear door's only, don't know if this applies to all variant's, wire colour's are solid green and green with red marking's in both the door's.
In the dash the colour's are left channel solid green and green with white, right channel green with black and green with blue.
Dave
madpenguin
My Cars:

Post by madpenguin »

Hi Mick,
As Dave correctly states, there are only wires going to the rear doors. The good new is, new wires are easily fed to the boot by feeding them behind the glove box and under the passenger seat.
If you need any more info, especially if you intend to install amps etc, drop us a mail.
Ian
mick flanagan
My Cars:

Post by mick flanagan »

thanks for your replies, ihave checked the back of the radio/cd and there are 8 green wires from the speaker socket of the radio i want the speakers in the doors but i cant seem to find any in the back doors the model is a 1.9 td elation 11 on a p plate 1996 any help would be much appreciated thanks again............... mick
mick flanagan
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

You're going to have to peel the carpet back near the door to get a look at the loom, or chase the wire's back from the dash to see where they get to.
Dave
madpenguin
My Cars:

Post by madpenguin »

Mick,
If its' any help, the speaker wires on my ZX when I had it were in the bottom corner of the door, nearest to the pillar. They should have the same bright yellow plugs as the front speakers.
hardmanm

Post by hardmanm »

Xantias do have wires running from the rear doors to the stereo but these are of rather poor and thin quality.
When I added speakers to the rear shelf on my xantia I ran 79 strand hi-fi speaker cable under the carpet, soldering them to the wires coming out of the stereo. It's a bit of a pain removing all the trim necessary to do this job but worth doing.
Mark
mick flanagan
My Cars:

Post by mick flanagan »

well thanks for your help but theres definetly no speaker wires to the back doors just 2 wires for the central locking as for lookig at the loom dave had a look but it dont make any sense maybe i should try an auto electrician once again thanks any way........mick
mick flanagan
mick flanagan
My Cars:

Post by mick flanagan »

anybody in sheffield know a auto electrician to give me some ideas..............cheers .......mick
mick flanagan