Xantia not starting!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rich
My Cars:

Xantia not starting!!!

Post by Rich »

Hi all!!
Just thought i would pass this on in case it helps anyone else..... My dad has a '94 Xantia 1.9SXTD, a few days ago he started having problems; very bad starting from cold (okay when warm though) so i checked pre-heating system and all usual things but they were fine. As it turns out, it was caused by air getting into the fuel system, as when i pumped the rubber priming bulb it started fine, this is when i noticed the leak-off pipe between No3 and No4 cylinder allowing fuel to escape from a pin hole. The fuel system has been slowly filling with air overnight causing the bad starting. I have fitted a new pipe and it seems okay now but i will know for sure when it is started in the morning from cold.....i will keep you posted!! Hope this helps!
Regards, Rich.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi Rich, yep this is one of the most common reason's for poor starting diesel's and the first thing people are told on this site that come along with poor starting XUD's.
It ought to be in the common problem's and fixes section.
Dave
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hi Dave,
Good idea mate!! I have put the same post on the Common Problems and Fixes forum too. More people will see it.
Cheers, Rich.
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hi all!
It seems the Xantia is starting okay now, it was the leak-off pipes causing the problem, thanks for your help everyone!!
Regards, Rich.