False Alarms

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

prhughes
My Cars:

False Alarms

Post by prhughes »

Sometimes after setting the alarm on my Xantia, it goes off at random periods and occasionaly settles down. If I press the alarm button on the dash to disable the ultrasonics, this stops false alarms. Is there a way to turn down the sensativity of the ultrasonics?
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

When I had this complaint with my then new Xantia, the dealer at first suggested that by leaving the dashboard ventilator open over night was perhaps the reason for the alarm sounding. As it turned out, the rear door lock needed replacing.
prhughes
My Cars:

Post by prhughes »

Its funny that you should mention a faulty rear door lock causing the problem, not long after I got the car I had problems with one of the rear door locks sticking, which eventually went away on its own.
Or maybe it didn't......
cjbcjb
My Cars:

Post by cjbcjb »

Similar problem on wifes Saxo. Up a number of times lst night. Disable the movement sensor, no help. There must be sensors for the 4 doors and the boot, but where are they? The rear doors have no curtesy light switch, so how is the opening of the door detected, it is detected, I tried it.
I opened the windows and unlocked the doors manually from the out side, that does not set of the alarm, only the actual opening of the door?
Any ideas, reluctant to admit defeat and take it into a garage
Chris
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

It just seems to be a vulnerable system. My 95 N Xantia had occasional false alarms from day one. The dealer said that partially covering the front cabin sensors with tiny D-shaped morsels of tape would reduce the incidence of false alarms, and indeed it seemed to work.
But the system also seems to be susceptible to short-wave radios from passing cab drivers, etc. Mine went off three times in an afternoon while I was sitting outside watching it, and EACH TIME the same lorry just happened to be passing by! Coincidence? Nope.
Mike