XUD Tuning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

B_Draper
My Cars:

XUD Tuning

Post by B_Draper »

Has anyone had their XUD engine tuned to produce a higher BHP - I've heard the Citroen/Peugoet undertuned these engines for fininacial reasons, surprise surprise!
I went to a company and asked for a quote and recieved the following:
From 90 BHP to 112BHP for approx £450 - Rather expensive I thought, but then again I dont have the acceleration to safely overtake other cars at high speeds!
If so, do you recommend it?
Do you have to notify your insurer if no parts have been added to the engine?
Did you mod any other parts of the car do this upgrade? ie Brakes, etc
How much did you pay for the job?
If Andyspares allow it, why not recommend the company?
Just looking at what I've written, am I expecting too much of my car?
Thanks in advance for your replies and criticisms!
Ben
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

What are they going to do to it for £450.
Take a look Here http://www.vanaaken.com one of the most promising diesel tuning outfits I have seen so far.
Dave
Jon

Post by Jon »

I had the Van Aaken "Diesel Sport" upgrade done on my previous ZX TD Volcane. It claimed to give 112bhp and about 188lb of torque.
I have to say that it made an amazing difference. There was a noticable increase in power to the degree that 5th gear felt like 4th the revs were rising so quickly when accelerating. The top end speed was fairly awesome as well. I kept the car for a further 20,000 miles in that state of tune, together with a performance air filter, and had no trouble, fuel consumption seemed to be about the same, but thrashed the car most of the time due to the available power in a diesel being so enjoyable! The thing was much quicker than the benchmark TD car of the time, the Golf TDi 115bhp.
Still running fine when I sold it (due to house purchase).
Jon
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

Sorry - Meant to give the name of the company - It was actually Van Aken !
They said, if the work was done, they would basically fine tune the fuel pump and turbo on my TD
No parts would be added, but they recommended to tell my insurer of any mods made inc power increase!
Cant really justify £450 being speant on my car as I'm a student - Maybe in a couple of years though !!