Running Temp of ZX Diesel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ben

Running Temp of ZX Diesel

Post by Ben »

Hi,
I have a 92 ZX Diesel. Through normal use the tempeature is usally on half way or slightly over half way on the gauge, is this normal? The fans rarely cut in, but I seem to remember it used to run cooler than it does now.
Anyone have a comments on this? Thanks!
Ben
Jon

Post by Jon »

Normal running temp on ZX D/TD seems to be just under 90 degrees, i.e. half way up the guage. The fans should be in by 92 degrees. They will only ever kick in when you're sitting stationary for some time in a trafic jam.If in any doubt, and for the cost involved, replace the rad fan thermo switch in the rad with a new one, and refill/bleed the cooling system. Then leave the car ticking over, after a while, when the temp passes 90, the fan should start up.
Simon Canfer
My Cars:

Post by Simon Canfer »

My 1992 TD (with a recent radiator) runs at 75, maybe 80 if used harder. I suspect the gauge isn't the highest quality available however...
Join the Citroen Car Club!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks! Mine usually runs at halfway up the gauge. Basically what prompted this was that the car looked like it was overheating, in as much as the gauge said it was very hot, say 100-105 but the fans didnt cut in. Subsequent inspection has revealed that whilst climbing a hill the temperature gauge would rise. Driving round a roundabout the gauge would fall to 75-80! Think the sender is on the way out!
Cheers!
( Already a member of the CCC ;) )