Xantia Central locking problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Grahamlyell
My Cars:

Xantia Central locking problem?

Post by Grahamlyell »

My Xantia Turbo Diesel (1994, 72,000 miles)has recently started playing up. The central locking just locks the car all by itself. It started one day just as I was driving along and has done it on and off (more on the off) ever since. I checked the remote receiver in the roof - disconected it but the problem still occurred. I've checked inside the drivers door for any obvious loose wires but nothing looked amiss! I notice that when I start and put the lights on the rear fogs are on - is this connected do you think? Any suggestions?
phil
My Cars:

Post by phil »

I had the same problem and looked at everything. It is almost certainly the driver's door locking mechanism that is duff. It could be the passenger door, but it is most likely to be the driver's. Change the assembly - you will have to get from Citroen or a scrapyard. About £50 altogether from Citroen.
pdb
phil
My Cars:

Post by phil »

Just wondered if you had sorted out the problem yet as I am convinced that it is the driver's door lock. Pse advise.
pdb
Grahamlyell
My Cars:

Post by Grahamlyell »

Thanks for the advice - I've not had time yet though. I looked at the drivers door but nothing obviously wrong. I'll look at the passenger's door before I fork out the £50 for the door locking assembly. It'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I get time though.
Edited by - Grahamlyell on 14 Mar 2001 21:03:44
thew
My Cars:

Post by thew »

I fixed a central locking problem in my BX (althought the symptoms weren't the same) by giving the inside of the solenoid a big squirt of switch cleaner, and the same to the plugs. May not work, but could save you 50 quid.