ZX Front End

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marly
My Cars:

ZX Front End

Post by Marly »

My ZX Volcane (2.0, 95K on the clock) is whistling/squealing now and again, sometimes under cornering and always under braking.
I replaced the front bushes 30000 ago and pads are checked/changed regularly.
Is it bearings? Is it discs? CVs? Help!
Oh and I also get a slight knock (not the exhaust) from the rear end occasionally when cornering. Rear Bushes?
Ta
Marly
jap
My Cars:

Post by jap »

Hi
are you sure its not a loose alternator
belt? and i also get this knock ive looked, ive had garage look ,its not the bushes on mine so if you get any tips please let me know. cheers john
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi
are you sure its not a loose alternator
belt? and i also get this knock ive looked, ive had garage look ,its not the bushes on mine so if you get any tips please let me know. cheers john
Hi
The knocking you can hear is from the rear suspension front mountings, there is a steel pin inserted through the mounting case for safety, when the bond between the rubber and the mounting fails the pin prevents the rear axle assembly coming away from the car, the actual knock comes from this pin as it strikes the upper part of the mounting, it is only heard when the offending mounting comes off load, example: a bad left hand mounting will knock when the car corners to the left causing the body to roll to the right, to check it jack the car up and support it from the body with the wheels about two inches from the ground, do not support it on any part of the axle assembly, place a lever under the wheel and lift it, then drop it and if the front mounting on that side is bad you will hear it knock as the wheel falls back down, you may have to be quite vigerous to hear it, be carefull where you support the car and make sure it is safe, remember you are a long time dead.
Regards Dave
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>