ZX TD - Noisy suspension & vibrations

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

neilminto

ZX TD - Noisy suspension & vibrations

Post by neilminto »

Car is ZXTD estate - 1996, with 70k miles.
Have previously (at about 44k miles) replaced all wishbone bushes and rear self-steer mounts, and more recently at 55k the front struts.
Car sounds as though the suspensiobn is about to fall off over any sort of rougfh surface, and at any speed in excess of 60 has a vibration thro' the whole car - including, but not just, thge steering wheel. Its not bad, but very annoying - my thoughts tend towards driveshafts - is this likely? Wheels have been balanced - properly, with me watching - several times, swapped front to rear etc. Help - its spoiling the car and it gets sold if i can't pin it down!
Neil
Jacko
My Cars:

Post by Jacko »

Neil,
Have you checked out the linkages which go from each of the front struts to the anti-roll bar? There are joints at the end of these linkages and even with a small amount of wear in them it sounds if the front of the car is going to come off! You can certainly feel the knocks through the floor pan.
Regards,
Pete.
neilminto

Post by neilminto »

Thanks for reply Pete!
I had replaced these a while ago - but I suspect you might have been right. I took the easy way out and bought a Xantia Hdi -0 wish I had a while ago!
Neil