AX smoking too much!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colin hammond
My Cars:

AX smoking too much!

Post by colin hammond »

Story:
Put in unleaded by mistake, drove 400 yards and topped up with 4 star. Apart from huge smoke for two miles seemed OK.
Sold to co-worker who complained of fumes driving it home. Had all oil seals done, but still problems. Dealer said he has to remove engine as he has no idea. I've now got her back and need diagnostic advice, please.
Krebbin
jonkw
My Cars:

Post by jonkw »

You don't say what sort of AX you have- I'm assuming the petrol engined type! If so, it is very unlikely that simply putting unleaded in it would cause this trouble, basically, any petrol engined AX will run unleaded, no trouble, but you may have to reset the ignition timing on some models.
It sounds more to me like some fuel contamination, ie diesel, have you tried draining the tank and refilling with the correct fuel???
Jon Wood
Andyspares Ltd
forum@andyspares.com
colin hammond
My Cars:

Post by colin hammond »

oops sorry. It's a 1.4 petroleum engine.
I thought that maybe I'd blown/bent a valve or two, but the engine seems to run ok. I was told that there could have been too much oil and the pressure had blown the seals. But I'd driven this car for a couple of months after it's last service with no problems. I think you may be right and these are two distinctly separate problems. Thanks for your interest though, much appreciated.
Krebbin