DS5 Software updates - Engine & Gearbox

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cristache39
My Cars: Citroen DS5 2.0 163hp. 12.12

DS5 Software updates - Engine & Gearbox

Post by Cristache39 »

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask for your opinion regarding the software updates for engine and gearbox.
I understood that there may be some updates available (now depends if the last owner made them or not, needs to be checked).
I heard that on engine side some bugs were detected after 2015 for this engines (maybe for others also), 2.0 163hp, that may affect the injection system.

Also for gearbox, having the Aisin AM6 2, that may improve the shifting. When is cold the lagging may disappear or when the gearbox gets hot the agresive shifting also can be removed.

What do you think? I guess if the updates are available then nothing wrong can happen.

If the subject was discussed already my apologies, i will search it in the forum better.

Cheers!
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: DS5 Software updates - Engine & Gearbox

Post by Paul-R »

How many miles /kilometres has the vehicle done? It may just need an oil change.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Cristache39

Post by Cristache39 »

Paul-R wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 10:27 How many miles /kilometres has the vehicle done? It may just need an oil change.
Hi Paul,

It has 197k km and the oil was changed when i bought the car, 6k km ago. Indeed, it didn’t look like the oil was changed properly, also the quantity that drained confirmed that.
That’s what the guys from service told me.

When the gearbox is only in drive the shifting is so smooth, but sometimes i feel it in Sport or when the car is cold.
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

Cristache39 wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 10:33 It has 197k km and the oil was changed when i bought the car, 6k km ago. Indeed, it didn’t look like the oil was changed properly, also the quantity that drained confirmed that.
That’s what the guys from service told me.
Which oil change you're referring to? If the gearbox oil was flushed out and changed, then it needs diagnostic tool (Diagbox) to "tell the car" gearbox now has fresh oil. It also triggers gearbox learning proces where over the next 500 km (or approximate distance one tank of fuel can cover) gearbox Ecu will learn about your driving style and try to adopt gears shifting to it.

It is advisable to do gearbox Ecu update at that point, together with engine Ecu as well. That's something dealership garage is authorised to perform as connection to Stellantis servers is mandatory for the procedure.
Cristache39

Post by Cristache39 »

MacSlavko wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 21:16 Which oil change you're referring to? If the gearbox oil was flushed out and changed, then it needs diagnostic tool (Diagbox) to "tell the car" gearbox now has fresh oil.
Hi,

Yes, the gearbox oil has been changed 6k ago but the guys from service told me that if the gearbox runs smooth then there is no need of using Diagbox.
I thought that these agresive shifts in Sport mode will dissapear after the replacement of the oil but no, still present sometimes. I have a Diagbox, should i use it for confirming the new oil?
From what i heard even if i will do that it will not change the functioning of gearbox. Some people are saying is not really needed, other ones say that should be done with diagnostic tool, i don’t know what to believe 😅

Ok, so the updates are recommended, understood.
I found someone who has connection to the servers and can help me with checking if there are any available and also update it.
I will do that in the near future.

Thank you! 🙏🏼
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Mar 2024, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the Quote