(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Re: Airbag, Dashboard, Seat Belt & Airbag ECU Repairs

Post by harryp »

just seen this post.
Many years ago I suffered from a very wet front footwell carpet {cannot remember which side now).
I couldn't find source of the leak, so removed the plastic wheel arch shields and rolled the rubber drain hoses between my fingers. A surprising amount of dried dirt fell out and until I sorned it (Xantia) had no recurrence.
May be irrelevant but worth checking?
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Had the same with the GS but the drain hoses passed through the liner and were easy to access. Sleeve full of mucky water and leaves though.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

CitroJim wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 16:56 I've tried to use a substitute standard 10% tolerance carbon film resistor to try and 'fool' an airbag ECU on a Xantia in the past with poor results...

I'm wondering if the ECU is looking for a very precise resistance reading and maybe looking for a bit of inductance too in an attempt to know it's a real airbag it's looking at...

The difference between 2.4 ohms and 2.6 ohms may be just too far out of its range of tolerance.

An interesting experiment would be to take a 2.4 ohm test resistor, a standard value in the E24 series, and choosing one nearest to 2.4 ohms, and see if this makes the ECU happy. The next standard E24 value is 2.7 ohms but you may, in a small batch, find one nearer to 2.6 ohms to confirm your airbag has gone out of ECU tolerance.

Also, many carbon film resistors are spiral wound so have a little inherent inductance and this too may upset the ECU if it's really fussy...

I didn't get the chance to test this, i should have looked into the cause of the issue better but the problem had dragged on too long and i was still slightly concerned that the windscreen replacement might just of had an affect on something within the airbag network. The replacement airbag has fixed the issue, i've still got the old one as they can be a faff to dispose of (i really need to sort this as it's an "explosive device" which needs secure storage) so i'll need to sort that out, really by setting it off! which is the only way the local municipal refuse centre will take it, it'll be interesting to see if it does actually "go off".
Music keeps me going.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It'll be good to hear how it went when you set it off, and the methods you used :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 407 Hdi 2.7 (the beast)
407 petrol v6
Citroen C4 Aircross (aka Mitsubishi ASX)
Rover 75 (really a BMW) - gone
Nissan Pathfinder R51 (boat tower)
Nissan Micra (mr incredible car)
Citroen C5 Aircross (the boss'es car)

Post by 407 »

Re the 407 door seal issue and airbag warnings, after a few days of rain and testing with the hose, I gave up as water was still pooling on top of the bottom door seal and then running inside the car.

My solution was to put a few holes thru the seal with a leather hole punch tool which seems to allow the water to exit (the door seal gets squashed when the door closes)

Not ideal but the only solution I could see bar a new door seal which probably would not help anyway

Time will tell if the carpet still gets wet

on the airbag waring light itself, it now generally stays off but turns on every few trips - I have a new used crash sensor coming (part 9636982680)
Attachments
407 door seal holes to allow water to run out
407 door seal holes to allow water to run out