DS5 Wave 1 to Wave 2, and Connected Services

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

biohead
My Cars: 2017 DS5 Prestige

DS5 Wave 1 to Wave 2, and Connected Services

Post by biohead »

I've just put a deposit down on a 2017 DS5, VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I've always wanted a DS5, can't believe it's happening! :-D It seems fitting to replace my C5 X7 with one.

I believe it has NAC Wave 1 - the software had Carplay and Mirrorlink available, and FW 7.1.3.
I think it should have the Connected Services, but I'm not sure. It had the DS and SOS buttons on the roof.

I've seen the fantastic work put in by @MacSlavko to code the NAC units via Arduino and convert from the older RT6 to the NAC W2 - but I just want to clarify a few things when going a much simpler Wave 1 to Wave 2... I think points 1 and 3 are answered somewhere but the translation is a bit ambiguous, so want to double check.

1) Is it JUST a headunit replacement required (I think so)? No need to replace screen and cables etc? 9821908980 is the suggested part.
2) Is there any difference in the standard W2 units, and the HW2019/HW2020 units?
3) If I buy 2nd hand, do I need the original VIN number from the donor car still?
4) If I don't have the donor VIN, will the Connected Services ever work correctly?

I understand it's preferred to get a NAC W2 from a DS5, but given how few (if any) came with one that's almost an impossible task. I was planning to just load the normal W2 DS5 conf provided on github and double check the settings with my W1.
It does seem grabbing any other NAC W2 in the UK is fairly reasonable (a few at £130 available near me) - but if it needs the Donor VIN I need to be a bit more careful.
Tomas1
My Cars: Peugeot 308 SW

Re: DS5 Wave 1 to Wave 2, and Connected Services

Post by Tomas1 »

1-It is only necessary to replace the main unit (calibration, configuration file)
2- Faster RAM memory, shorter response time
3-For connected services and updates, yes
4-It is not possible to activate connected services on a car built after year 2014-2015.
(BSI Secured)
biohead
My Cars: 2017 DS5 Prestige

Post by biohead »

Successfully replaced today, using HW19 unit from a Vauxhall.

The existing cables were quite short, so not the easiest to replace - removing the CD player gives a lot more room.
No issues telecoding using VLud's repository - using the DS5-UK cal and DS5 config - I did have to re-enable DAB manually though. There's a few other things different, but I'm slowly working through them.
Mt_Alimanjaro
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C3 Pluriel 1.6
2016 DS5 2.0HDI

Post by Mt_Alimanjaro »

biohead wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 12:02 Successfully replaced today, using HW19 unit from a Vauxhall.

The existing cables were quite short, so not the easiest to replace - removing the CD player gives a lot more room.
No issues telecoding using VLud's repository - using the DS5-UK cal and DS5 config - I did have to re-enable DAB manually though. There's a few other things different, but I'm slowly working through them.
Hi mate, I'm in the same situation - just bought a 2016 DS5 and going to convert it to a Wave 2 unit I got from a Peugeot 308. Been reading the Vlud tutorial on his site and currently waiting for my CAN BUS arduino shield to come in the mail.

I found where to download the DS5 cal and config files on the Vlud site, just wondering what's the process to telecode them to the Wave 2 unit? Is it just using the GUI or did you do it in the console? Cheers for any help!
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

One small step for mankind, but one giant leap for me! 😀

By some miracle, as of today my Connected Services work!
I know this may not sound like some news to you as most of the later DS5 owners in Europe use or at least have used TomTom's Connected Services (free of charge 3 years from purchase), but those were (and still are) unavailable in Croatia!
I was also told at dealership that they only work with 2020 onwards cars (with newer Nac Wave4 head units)...

However, the long awaited TomTom Traffic logo apeared today in the lower right corner of the touchscreen on my NAC W2!?
Previously I was lucky if I even got the (pretty usless) TMC logo there...
The thing is even stranger if knowing that Contract for 3 years of CS on my retrofitted W2 has expired almost 2 years ago and later trial one (for 10 days) has also been expired/cancelled this February!
Nevertheless, the Services are suddenly up and working now in a country that officially isn't elegible for them, on my NAC Wave2 head unit that supposedly isn't capable of it??
Happy days...

Of course I can only wish it stays like that and enjoy it while it lasts...

PS: I did some Arduino hacks the other day (in Telecoding_Fact_Internet section I set "Active internet and Intranet" - previously it was set to "Active internet and inactive Intranet"), but don't know if that's the reason? Wanted to enable On-board hot spot, but that didn't work, so I didn't bother anymore. And today I switched the screen to Nav mode and immediatelly saw the TomTom Traffic logo with speed cam warnings, as well as weather, gas prices and road works, it was all there??

🎵...It's a kind of magic...🎶

🙏🏻😎🍺
Attachments
IMG_7621.JPG
IMG_7644.JPG
IMG_7616.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
IMG_7639.JPG
IMG_7614.JPG
IMG_7613.JPG
IMG_7648.JPG
IMG_7649.jpg
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

Croatia is on the list of countries with available connected services.
In your case, probably the connected services have been activated and paid for the donor car, (you can check the period until they are active.)
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Is it? I have NAC for more than 2 years now and spent one year trying to get those Services active, but wasn't able to make it...
I can't find Croatia on this [https://services-store.peugeot.co.uk/si ... 19.pdf/url] list (appendix1), but maybe there's a newer info somewhere?
At dealership I was told it only works with newer, post 2020 head units (Wave4?), but the same W2 device is capable od ConnectedServices in most of the European countries, except in Croatia?
Something doesn't sound right here, but I couldn't get to the root of it. Suddenly yesterday, they magically appeared...
:-D
Last edited by MacSlavko on 01 May 2023, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

Appendix 1 is not updated...
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

I know. But that's the only relevant info I could find. Can you please share the updated info?
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

NAC Wave 2 was manufactured until 2021, the connected services must work on all versions.

TomTom services included in the Connected Navigation Pack, including Speedcam alerts, provided the vehicle was purchased in the service's sales area (Germany, Belgium, Spain, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Greece, Ireland).
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

I know that. Can you please share the web-site you've found this?
Cause the issue is deeper than it looks: when I go on Croatian Services Store site to purchese them then I get the message "Not available" for my VIN.
When I go on Slovenian, Italian or any other Store - the Services are normally available for that same VIN??

So, to get to the root of it, I'm asking again if you would be so helpful to share that site you've found this info? Would be useful to many...
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Found a new document on Italian Peugeot Services Store site (https://services-store.peugeot.it/sites ... _V02_7.pdf)! It dates from 05/2020, but was edited in 03/2021 (and probably at some point later, as well). In that document Croatia is listed too, although on domestic Citroen forum no one seems to be able to activate Connected Services?
However, TomTom Traffic Live is still active on my Wave2. And the app shows both contracts as "Deactivated: available for free"?
I certainly won't complain about that!
😎
Attachments
ConnectedServicesCoverage03-2021.jpg
IMG_7848.PNG
robdevil
My Cars: DS5 DSport 2.0HDI

Post by robdevil »

MacSlavko wrote: 30 Apr 2023, 18:58 One small step for mankind, but one giant leap for me! 😀

By some miracle, as of today my Connected Services work!
I know this may not sound like some news to you as most of the later DS5 owners in Europe use or at least have used TomTom's Connected Services (free of charge 3 years from purchase), but those were (and still are) unavailable in Croatia!
I was also told at dealership that they only work with 2020 onwards cars (with newer Nac Wave4 head units)...

However, the long awaited TomTom Traffic logo apeared today in the lower right corner of the touchscreen on my NAC W2!?
Previously I was lucky if I even got the (pretty usless) TMC logo there...
The thing is even stranger if knowing that Contract for 3 years of CS on my retrofitted W2 has expired almost 2 years ago and later trial one (for 10 days) has also been expired/cancelled this February!
Nevertheless, the Services are suddenly up and working now in a country that officially isn't elegible for them, on my NAC Wave2 head unit that supposedly isn't capable of it??
Happy days...

Of course I can only wish it stays like that and enjoy it while it lasts...

PS: I did some Arduino hacks the other day (in Telecoding_Fact_Internet section I set "Active internet and Intranet" - previously it was set to "Active internet and inactive Intranet"), but don't know if that's the reason? Wanted to enable On-board hot spot, but that didn't work, so I didn't bother anymore. And today I switched the screen to Nav mode and immediatelly saw the TomTom Traffic logo with speed cam warnings, as well as weather, gas prices and road works, it was all there??

🎵...It's a kind of magic...🎶

🙏🏻😎🍺
Maybe you just changed phone. My Samsung S23 Ultra does tether internet via BT but Pixel 7 Pro doesn't. So traffic working only with Samsung. I've just checked my services and life traffic is active to the end 2024 on my NAC unit. Happy days.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Oh, maybe I gforgot to mention; I retrofitted BTA2.0 box to my DS5 so it has built-in eSIM card, enabling the free and contuinues connection to TomTom Internet - hence no phone tethering needed.
Weired thing is that I had it done 9 months prior to Conencted Services suprisingly came to life (and for free)??
Still puzzled on that, but main thing is - it's working!!
😎