Intermittent Blower issue

All the sticky threads from the Citroen and Activa forums have been relocated here at least on a temporary basis.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

joatljs
My Cars: Citroen c4 picasso 2014

Intermittent Blower issue

Post by joatljs »

It feels like over the past month I've searched through this forum for answers.

My car (citroen c4 picasso 2014) went for its MOT start of November with no real problems.
It returned then after about 3 days the blower suddenly stopped working. Then 2 days later it was working again. Then week before it stopped working on THE worst day of weather we have had, then an overnight cold snap. My husband tested all the usual solutions we found on here, motor (runs when connected to battery) resistor checked, fuses & relay.
Then after he removed everything one last time it started working again. I've just had a week of it working zero problem all the while the weather has been below zero all week. Everyday was great no problems. Today it has been raining all day and hard and tonight at 3pm it stopped working again.

Any ideas what to check please? It's driving me nuts!!
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7) - RIP April 2024

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Re: Intermittent Blower issue

Post by Sloppysod »

Does the motor work on all speeds, or just the faster? If its just the faster speeds, it's possible the bearings are starting to seize up.?
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
joatljs

Post by joatljs »

When it's working all speeds work.
My husband checked the voltage last night coming from the battery side going into the resistor. He said that the yellow wire controller pin has no voltage/current so he thinks this is the problem. Any idea where the controller comes from to see if there is a bad connection?

The fuse diagram in my manual is wrong from a Google lens check it's a fuse box from the Cactus c4.

We can't find a relay diagram either #-o
joatljs

Post by joatljs »

As an addition to this, I have just looked under the bonnet and the foam inserts that are supposed to collect water are obviously sopping wet, but they are dripping on to the fuse box and surrounding connectors. I am assuming that this area should not be getting wet?