what is the latest update to the RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Lynnzer

what is the latest update to the RT6

Post by Lynnzer »

I have checked my model details and found this lot,
Unit - 9806708077
CD8950
RNEG 2.86.B.1
SW 201501191200

How does that compare to the newest upgrade.
Is the firmware upgradeable to increase the usefulness of the satnav, and what's the latest map update with speed camera locations.

I'm still frustrated by the satnav's shortcomings and would still love to swap it for an android but I'm not keen on paying the sort of money needed to buy a unit and have it installed as I would be really afraid that if I did it myself I'd really cock things up.

Just as an indication of what other things can be done to enhance the driving experience, I had an engine remap done around 5 weeks ago on my C5X7. I'm really chuffed at the result.
The increase of around 17% BHP allows for a smoother acceleration, a more satisfying responsiveness and I'm currently showing an increase of 5MPG on the original settings.

By the way, I just visited my local dealers over the weekend and had my 1st viewing of the C5X and also the DS9.
Beautiful cars but slightly out of my price range just yet.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: what is the latest update to the RT6

Post by Paul-R »

RNEG 2.86.B.1 is the latest available and probably the last.

Maybe your maps and traffic cams could do with updating but that's a personal choice.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​