Lift ring for reverse sticking 6 speed and reverse Dispatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

walbeck
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch

Re: Lift ring for reverse sticking 6 speed and reverse Dispatch

Post by walbeck »

Fixed!............ I can confirm the gear stick knobs are a very tight fit and that they pull straight off, I had to resort to heating mine before it would budge, applied gentle heat for a few minutes it then came off reasonably easy. There was no obvious reason for the lift ring to stick, however the spline on the shaft appears to be made of nylon, which is prone to absorbing water and swelling. So I took Emery cloth to it removing a little material at a time until the lift ring slid on it freely. Not sure if the O ring marked in the photo is in its correct position, it was fitted as shown in this shot, I thought perhaps it had become displace. When I manage to get it apart it became apparent that there is no indent or groove to house it. As the lift ring tended to stick in the up position I decided to fit it on the top of the lift ring within knob, where it would reduce upwards travel slightly, perhaps Marc could confirm the correct position? Any way its far smoother now, dropping out of reverse automaticaly when moving into neutral instead of having to push it down each time
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tpkqybvlpuav ... I.jpg?dl=0
walbeck
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch

Re: Lift ring for reverse sticking 6 speed and reverse Dispatch

Post by walbeck »

The problem is back, the plastic bush that fits on the top of the gear stick has developed hairline vertical cracks, presumably from expansion. Part 7 the lift ring needs to slide freely on this, presumably the expansion is causing it to stick. It looks like it might be threaded onto the gear stick, but it would not shift with reasonable force does anyone know for sure? Also is it available separately and what lubricant if any should be used?

Michael