Mobile doesn't automatically connect

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Mobile doesn't automatically connect

Post by xantia_v6 »

I think that you have an RD4, as that button is labelled MUTE on an RD45. That means that the Bluetooth is handled by a separate module which is located behind the dashboard on the left hand side. A BSI reset is not likely to help.
Ahmedhussen
My Cars: Citroen C5 2008

Post by Ahmedhussen »

I really do appreciate your help ..do you think changing it to rd45 will help if yes do i still need to change the screen too.
Honestly thank you
Ahmedhussen
My Cars: Citroen C5 2008

Post by Ahmedhussen »

H8 there...i think the issue is the location of the Bluetooth module is behind the dashboard..i do have the same issue that it doesn't connect automatically...but now everytime i get in the car i do postion the phone next to the dashboard and it connects automatically with the need to pair it again.
If any one know how do i get to the Bluetooth module or how to remove the dashboard so i might be able to repostion the module to somewheres closer that would be helpful.
Many thanks