RD45 Radio to RT6 Sat Nav Retrofit/Conversion

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

TawhidAhmed
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: MK2 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive 1.6 HDI EGS
Volvo V40 R-Design Pro
RCZ GT HDI Facelift

RD45 Radio to RT6 Sat Nav Retrofit/Conversion

Post by TawhidAhmed »

Hi All,

I am looking to install an RT6 Sat Nav system into my 2014 RCZ which currently has the RD45 radio installed. It has bluetooth and phone functionality, but I like the look of an OEM sat nav system. I'm not looking to install an aftermarket system at the moment.

I was hoping for some help regarding this as I have a breaker RCZ near me with this system installed. I'm looking to confirm which parts i'll require, and what steps will be needed.

I also hope this will serve as a complete guide for other RCZ/308 owners looking to do the same.

As far as I know, the parts required are:
  • RT6 Nav

RT6 Screen

Wiring Harness (Phibu electronics sell this)

Sat Nav aerial? I don't see this listed anywhere, does anyone know how this looks, where it's placed, and the part number?
I'm not confident this is the full list of parts, as there are many different modules listed but I am not sure what is required.

Also, it looks like the RT6 system and screen will need to be coded to the car. I have diagbox, will this be able to do this?

Thanks,

Tawhid

PS: I've got diagrams and links for the bits and pieces I wasn't sure about.

"Radio Aerial"
http://ar-demo.tradesoft.pro/cats/#/par ... 5f06542559
00092447.jpg
"CAR RADIO-RADIO INTERFERENCE SUPPRESSOR"
http://ar-demo.tradesoft.pro/cats/#/par ... 5f06542559
00089997.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RD45 Radio to RT6 Sat Nav Retrofit/Conversion

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be wary of those sites offering parts catalogues -they are not legit and they are years out of date - they don't even have any data or new models from 2014!

Back to the issue...

The Aerials are of course different and the GPS aerial will be required. If you want the correct part no's, let me have the VIN for the RCZ.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TawhidAhmed
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: MK2 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive 1.6 HDI EGS
Volvo V40 R-Design Pro
RCZ GT HDI Facelift

Post by TawhidAhmed »

Hi Marc,

Yup, i've found the information on that website to be fairly inaccurate half of the time!

Thank you, my VIN is: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

If this helps, there is an aux and USB socket in the glovebox, and no SOS button on the dash.

Thanks,

Tawhid
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As you can see, from my diagram, the most current was 2015 and the one you posted above from that 'parts supplier' is 2011 and it does not show the Aerial adapter for the RT6 unit shown as item (6) which was only lately added before production stopped.
taw rt6 a.PNG
So, the current aerial amplifier you have originally fitted shown at (2) is specifically for the non-telematic units.

You will need the aerial amplifier shown at (6) , part: 9678019580 (original Part) or part: 9829041180 which was for the RT6 unit that has DAB (not all do).

As for the aerial cable itself (1) these vary according to equipment:
658751 for RD4 and after market radios
658752 for NG4 Navidrive 3D / (WIPCOM 3D) which were the main optional telematic units fitted on this model.
658797 for the independent telematic unit.
1613246280 non model specific but described as Aerial & GPS. So as the RT6 uses Bluetooth only for phone calls and does not have it's own internal telephone unlike the NG4, I suspect this is the aerial you would need.

The aerial itself is shown at (4), part: 6561 LG and is a windscreen aerial (GPS& GSM) shown for the NG4, so I can't say if that is a requirement or not.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc