Late shape Xantia - flasher unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

neilminto

Late shape Xantia - flasher unit

Post by neilminto »

Can anyone tell me exactly how to get at the flasher (indicator) unit on a late-shape Xantia? I need to replace it with one that has a terminal for a towing warning lamp. I can hear it clicking (under column? behind fusebox?) but can't see how to get to it - any ideas please?
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Hi - Why don't you use the type of relay for the towing road lights which has a wire for a bleeper, fitted in the boot. There're much easier to wire in, and the original flasher unit stays put.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I have the same type warning light on my Xantia, remove the lower trim panel and you can reach up behind the fuse box (on a 97 model at least), you will be able to identify the relay by feel as it clicks, I have my warning light in a blanked off switch to the right of the wheel and remember having to drill a small hole through the plastic behind it to feed the wire up from the relay, did you get the relay with the Citroen wiring kit, if so it's a cake walk connecting the rear lights.
Good luck
Dave
neilminto

Post by neilminto »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Thanks Dave - I will try this. Yes, I bought the Citroen kit - wildly overpriced and I believe Brink supply the same thing cheaper, but yes it makes wiring simple.
Neil
I have the same type warning light on my Xantia, remove the lower trim panel and you can reach up behind the fuse box (on a 97 model at least), you will be able to identify the relay by feel as it clicks, I have my warning light in a blanked off switch to the right of the wheel and remember having to drill a small hole through the plastic behind it to feed the wire up from the relay, did you get the relay with the Citroen wiring kit, if so it's a cake walk connecting the rear lights.
Good luck
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
neilminto

Post by neilminto »

[quote]
Hi - Why don't you use the type of relay for the towing road lights which has a wire for a bleeper, fitted in the boot. There're much easier to wire in, and the original flasher unit stays put.

[Thanks for suggestion, but I hate the bleeper type!
Neil/quote]