SINKING FEELING

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonnyboy
My Cars:

SINKING FEELING

Post by jonnyboy »

CAN ANYONE HELP. MY 1996 (31/12/96) REGISTERED 1.9 TD HAS STARTED TO RISE & FALL AT THE REAR WHEN SAT AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS. REAR SPHERES WERE CHANGED 2000 MILES AGO. ALSO TAKES A WHILE FOR THE REAR TO RISE & BRAKES TO BE EFFECTIVE ON STARTING (I THOUGHT THERE WAS AN ANTI-SINK FITTED) MAYBE THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.
I HAVE SPRAYED THE HEIGHT CORRECTOR LINKAGE WITH WD40, WHICH SEEMED TO HELP SLIGHTLY FOR A WHILE.
JON
loe hofmans
My Cars:

Post by loe hofmans »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
TO BE EFFECTIVE ON STARTING (I THOUGHT THERE WAS AN ANTI-SINK FITTED) MAYBE THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.
I HAVE SPRAYED THE HEIGHT CORRECTOR LINKAGE WITH WD40, WHICH SEEMED TO HELP SLIGHTLY FOR A WHILE.
JON
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
loe hofmans
My Cars:

Post by loe hofmans »

Hello,
I think you have a insite leaking problem with your brake valve.
when you started keep your foot off the brake "pedal" then the car probably will rise faster. Near traffic lights keep your foot also off the brake and see if the car stays at normal position.
Off cource a new accum. sphere is the first thing to do but when the car klicks in 10 sec or so (with new sphere) there is an insite leak and most of the times in the brake valve
At the lhm reservoir you can try to find the return hose that gives a lot of flow (any drops= ok)
Don't take the bigger hoses!When one off the smaller hoses give you a big return, you can search were it's coming from
When it is the brake valve you can only replace it.
Good Luck
sorry for the bad english
Loe Hofmans Netherlands
andy hannett
My Cars:

Post by andy hannett »

Try bleeding the back brakes as I had a similar problem on my Xantia and that was the cause. Think back brakes and suspension are on same hydraulic circuit so air in the brakes leads to spongy suspension.
Regards
Andy