Xantia Alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian Roberts
My Cars:

Xantia Alarm

Post by Brian Roberts »

This is the second time of posting, whilst I can understand not getting any fault diagnosis I cannot believe no-one knows where the alarm unit is situated and how to get at it. (I could not locate it in the position suggested in the only reply to my last topic)Please, please does anyone know the location.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

There are alarm component's inside the nearside front wheel arch behind the plastic shielding and to the rear, and also behind the scuttle panel (wiper motor area), I believe the siren is in the wheel arch, not sure if there are any other electronics to do with it there, there is a key operated switch in the scuttle to dissable the alarm, don't know if there is anything else to do with the alarm at that location, I have not confirmed this information with my own car, it is just what I have read on the subject.
Hope it helps
Dave
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

The alarm electronic control box is under the carpet, under the front passenger seat (which needs to be removed to gain access).
DavidG
Activa1

Post by Activa1 »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The alarm unit for my Activa is situated on the nearside under the passenger chair, location down from the central pillar. You May have to remove the seat to obtain access, hope this helps.
This is the second time of posting, whilst I can understand not getting any fault diagnosis I cannot believe no-one knows where the alarm unit is situated and how to get at it. (I could not locate it in the position suggested in the only reply to my last topic)Please, please does anyone know the location.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Brian Roberts
My Cars:

Post by Brian Roberts »

Have managed to locate and remove alarm unit, have removed the relay K1 from circuit board and alarm now works minus the indicators lighting on arm /de-arm. thanks for your help.
Andy
My Cars:

Post by Andy »

I too have had the samwe trouble with my alarm, I removed the box and cleaned it all up inide and the alarm worked fimne for 3 days, however the indicators are now sticking on again, I note that you have removed a relay, Is this relatively easy to do, Where is it situated in the main unit.
I would be grateful of any advice as this problem is really bgging me.
Incidentally I contacted Citroen about a new control box and they quoted a staggering price of £250, Unbelievable.
Thanks for any advice
Andy
Brian Roberts
My Cars:

Post by Brian Roberts »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I too have had the samwe trouble with my alarm, I removed the box and cleaned it all up inide and the alarm worked fimne for 3 days, however the indicators are now sticking on again, I note that you have removed a relay, Is this relatively easy to do, Where is it situated in the main unit.
I would be grateful of any advice as this problem is really bgging me.
Incidentally I contacted Citroen about a new control box and they quoted a staggering price of £250, Unbelievable.
Thanks for any advice
Andy

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Brian Roberts
My Cars:

Post by Brian Roberts »

The relay is the only one on the board and is marked K1, you need to unsolder the five pins using a solder sucker to allow the relay to be removed in tact, simple job if you have the equipment(if not careful removal is required not to damage board). I have managed to source a replacement relay after much chasing on the net from NORSLO COMPONENTS LTD, Newmarket. tele: 01638 665483. I have replaced the relay and my alarm now works correctly in all respects.