XANTIA

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AllenR
My Cars:

XANTIA

Post by AllenR »

LHM LEAKING FROM FLEXIBLE HOSE ON THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE. BEEN TOLD COMPLETE NEW FACTORY UNIT REQUIRED. ANYBODY CAN GIVE SUGGESTION ON HOW TO FIX
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

There are a few hydraulic hoses down there. But if it is just the hose why can't you just replace that? Why did bloke say whole unit had to be replaced? can you tell us which "unit" and why?
PhilW
Phil
AllenR
My Cars:

Post by AllenR »

phil
I was told that it was a factory made unit and could not be repaired
Its positon is just to the right of the sphere at the front of the engine. A metal pipe fromthe pump leads across to the hose which has a metal bracket attaching it to the engine, the hose leads off to another metal pipe on the body.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>many thanks for your interest.
Allen
Phil
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
loe hofmans
My Cars:

Post by loe hofmans »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
LHM LEAKING FROM FLEXIBLE HOSE ON THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE. BEEN TOLD COMPLETE NEW FACTORY UNIT REQUIRED. ANYBODY CAN GIVE SUGGESTION ON HOW TO FIX

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
loe hofmans
My Cars:

Post by loe hofmans »

Try to find some hoses at the "recycle" places for cars and look at BX/Xm they use the same hoses in other lenght but you have cheap hoses you can use.
Tip: Never bend hydr hoses.
Good Luck
Loe

[/quote]

[/quote]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Hi Allen - If it's one of the two thick rubber pipes, which is going between the hydraulic pump and the reservoir that's leaking, then there is no reason for replacing anything other than the pipe in question. Me thinks you are being setup for a rip-off!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The pipe in question is the high pressure feed to the power steering, no d-i-y repair is possible here because of the high pressure that needs to be contained, there are hydraulic hose repair outfits all over the place, this is your only hope of a repair otherwise you will have to get a new one or if you are lucky, one off a scrapper, I say lucky because breakers yards merely slice through rubber parts to get the engine out.
Good Luck
Dave