iPhone Connection for C5 2005

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Johnny Bravo

iPhone Connection for C5 2005

Post by Johnny Bravo »

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding connecting my iPhone 6 to my audio system in my Citroen C5 Exclusive 2005 model ( inc Sat Nav )

My previous car had a simple CD/Radio player installed with an auxiliary connection on the front to which I could connect a 3.5mm jack plug which in turn connected to a Belkin hands free kit which also charged the phone. This enabled me to take calls and play the music from my iPhone through the car's audio speaker system which suited me fine and worked well.

But my C5 does not have an auxiliary connection to do this so I wondered what was the best or simplest way to use my Iphone 6 with the inbuilt audio system.
I have tried to connect it using the red and white audio jack plug connectors in the glovebox but as soon as i start to drive this gets disabled as part of the vehicle safety features, so that is a non starter. I do not want to take the sim card out of the phone to take calls etc like the manual states I can because that is too much messing and it won't let me play my music that is on my phone either.

Could anyone tell me the best and simplest 'add-on' kit that I will need for my audio system please?

I don't mind having to remove parts of the dash if necessary as long as it works after.

Cheers!

Johnny Bravo :)
Jodyone

Re: iPhone Connection for C5 2005

Post by Jodyone »

Does it have a CD player in the boot? If so, could you hijack the CD input with an official Citroen USB box (eBay?), or a similar knockoff like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/YATOUR-Digital- ... B005V756ZG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Or even simpler, there are CD changer connector cables available that on the other side have a 3.5 stereo male/female connector (some variants have standard AUX male/female) ... depending on what kind of solution you're looking for ... but what Jody suggested is better ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Shoot me if I remember incorrectly, but one of the inputs is for the audio Aux channel and should not shut off. It is the video that should shut off when moving.

I use this now but used a simple direct jack line in the Mk1 and Mk1Face......that said, the volume via the "box" is crap.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VicTsing-Blueto ... merReviews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only real way is to add bits like me or exchange the head unit.......none of the Higher Spec fitted systems worked well without a second Sim Card anyway.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Johnny Bravo

Post by Johnny Bravo »

Thanks for your replies - Jodyone - vborovic - Stickyfinger.

Im quite frustrated in the fact that a car of this status does not have an auxiliary connection for mobile phones etc...

The amount of electronic stuff installed with the car is great but it lacks one auxiliary connection which seems rather stupid.

If this helps at all this is what I was using with my previous car and in order to carry on using the same bit of kit all I need is an auxiliary connection that connects to the car's inbuilt audio system so that I can play music from my iPhone though the car's speakers and also use it as a handsfree kit for phone calls to ensure safe driving.

Here is the Belkin Handsfree Kit I used before:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-TuneBase ... +handsfree" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It also includes an FM radio and will control the fast forward and next track functions on the iPhone and best of all I can use my sat nav on my iPhone with announcements coming through the car speakers auto-quietening the music etc.

I will investigate the audio connections in the glove compartment again to make sure that they will not solve my problem as 'Stickyfinger' stated, if that does work I will be very happy.

I will also investigate the connections on the Clarion CD Changer which is situated under the drivers seat to see if there is an auxiliary connection that I could use there because I don't really use CD's for music in the car.

Thanks again!

Johnny Bravo
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

The Best way if you do not wish to use the CD player is a conversion type plug for that feed, even Bluetooth
http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2/C2RangePr ... tgroupid=0
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Diana radovanova
New User
My Cars: Citroen c5-2005 year

Post by Diana radovanova »

Hello,
Could you help me How to connect my samsung s6 to Citroen c5-2005 year?
On one site is written mp3 and on the other site is written gsm.
Is this a slot for cim card?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't connect any external phone as there is no Bluetooth on this model. If you have the RT3 Navidrive system you will have the option of inserting a SIM card to use the internal telephone.

Some later versions of the RT3 had an MP3 compatible CD player but no Bluetooth and no BT streaming.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

I have a 2007 C5 with the satnav so the same system i believe, and i can confirm if you press source until AUX input is selected it does not cut off when driving as stickyfinger says, it only cuts off if you go into the main menu and select the video mode.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

He said the Aux AUDIO does not shut off, only the video which is correct.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc