Discontinuation of Tapatalk Support

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

superloopy
My Cars:

Re: Discontinuation of Tapatalk Support

Post by superloopy »

You've hit the nail on the head Sticky ... our current admins are intent on implementing design change, layout, direction ... call it what you want. But, ostensibly it's now become purely a plaything to be tweaked with as they please. A sandpit for like minded 'techie' people to play in. Time for us old-timers to get out. They've taken all the forum fun out of the forum for me ...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

daviemck2006 wrote:I've tried everything and can't get the size of the font increased on my phone. It's a Samsung galaxy core so not the most sophisticated of things or the biggest screen.

Did you try the instructions from Samsung? http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1071345

With regard to unread post counts, I will look into it.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

xantiamanic wrote:You've hit the nail on the head Sticky ... our current admins are intent on implementing design change, layout, direction ... call it what you want. But, ostensibly it's now become purely a plaything to be tweaked with as they please. A sandpit for like minded 'techie' people to play in. Time for us old-timers to get out. They've taken all the forum fun out of the forum for me ...

I can understand frustration with forum design....I cannot understand leaving a needed resource due to this (unless there is an alternative).

You still leave me bemused
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Stickyfinger wrote:
xantiamanic wrote:I can understand frustration with forum design....I cannot understand leaving a needed resource due to this (unless there is an alternative).
Here, here. :)
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
superloopy
My Cars:

Re: RE: Re: Discontinuation of Tapatalk Support

Post by superloopy »

Stickyfinger wrote:
xantiamanic wrote:You've hit the nail on the head Sticky ... our current admins are intent on implementing design change, layout, direction ... call it what you want. But, ostensibly it's now become purely a plaything to be tweaked with as they please. A sandpit for like minded 'techie' people to play in. Time for us old-timers to get out. They've taken all the forum fun out of the forum for me ...

I can understand frustration with forum design....I cannot understand leaving a needed resource due to this (unless there is an alternative).

You still leave me bemused
The resource will still be there for posterity long after the forum has ceased to be 'productive'. I'll just no longer be reading it on a regular basis that's all. Postings (i dont post much these days) will cease. Members come, members go and as for a "needed resource", none of my 4 cars are roadworthy these days .... only downside of living life remotely up here in t'north east i suppose. Plenty of forums with TT support still out there [emoji3]. Ours has chosen to leave the TT 'community' ... see any parallels in that decision?

Last edited by superloopy on 23 May 2017, 13:08, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I've just found anither thing to buy me. I had just about finished typing a post when the phone rang. When I finished the call I couldn't find the post that i typed. The post was about find sizes. Going in via the settings and changing the font sizes made not one not of difference to the size of the font on this forum via my browser, which I am on just now. The font is not big or bold enough for me and I am struggling to read it, and i had my eyes tested and new prescription variofocals 6 months ago. I also tried to post a photo off my phone and it says file too large and wouldn't post. I'm sorry, I am trying to change but it is a total ball ache for me, it will stress me out soon and I walk away from stress
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

daviemck2006 wrote:...I also tried to post a photo off my phone and it says file too large and wouldn't post.
Surely that would have failed to post through Tapatalk if it exceeded the forum's maximum photo file size?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

Same here DavieM. Using a browser on a small screened phone is a real pita. TT allows me to have all of my subscribed forums in one place, with a common theme of text size, font and layout that fits the screen. I can move between them with ease without having to open multiple browser windows. That's the raison'd'etre behind TT. For those of you asking 'what's TT' I suggest you give it a go, only if you access via mobile like the majority of users tend to do these days. PCs are last generation products slowly going the way of the dinosaur when it comes to SM (social media) access. If TT support goes, it's "non negotiable" don't you know, then i'll just drop FCF from my list and be done with it. Too much hassle to handle for too little return and becoming far too dictatorial for my liking when it comes to administration. Who do these people think they are! Isn't it the case that we all sign up to not holding the admin responsible for any hacking attempts or disclosure of confidential data? That being the case i think they are using withdrawal of TT support on 'security' grounds as yet another way to strengthen their position. Let's see how long it is before yet another forum 'redesign' is proposed. Wonder what justification will be used next time around. As i said, they're bored, they need a new toy to play with. Let's take it to pieces again .. the people wont object. Just say it's "non negotiable", works every time in the office!! Keep going lads you're doing a grand job. Active membership will be through the floor in no time at all.

Mike

mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

xantiamanic wrote:Tapatalk obviously isn't 'everywhere'. But it IS supported on every forum that i choose to currently subscribe to. Strange eh.

Yes, all the the ones I use too. All of them far larger and far heavier trafficed than this one. TT causes no issues. VW, Vauxhall, Audi and Ford forums to name 4.. most of the IT related ones too!

Does anyone actually use their real DOB and email address they use for other things for signing up to forums? The only ones I use my real one for is the bank!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Paul-R wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote:...I also tried to post a photo off my phone and it says file too large and wouldn't post.
Surely that would have failed to post through Tapatalk if it exceeded the forum's maximum photo file size?
Same photo off of same phone that i already posted via tapatalk in two clicks with no problem

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

What security issues are there anyway?

Are GCHQ or the CIA or the Russians(Trump) really interested in a bunch of slightly deranged middle-aged men talking about Citroens?
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

This is trying to post a photo off my newest biggest tablet just for fun.
Attachments
20170414_143531.jpg
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

So it worked on the tablet, on which I don't take photos. I'm on the phone attempting now.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

And it hasnt worked from the phone. Thats it, im not trying again, its doing my head in. My posting will slow considerably then and never will you get a photo from me. Id like to thank the previous admins for giving us a good forum. Its a pity the current admins are ruining it for me. Oh well, easy come easy go.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

mickeymoon wrote:What security issues are there anyway?

Are GCHQ or the CIA or the Russians(Trump) really interested in a bunch of slightly deranged middle-aged men talking about Citroens?
This is not top secret government deals being discussed on here, I tend to agree with Mickey in that who cares about some partially insane middle to old age men chatting about about insane middle to old age citroens?

I feel that I have tried hard enough, and failed to get the forum working on two different browsers on my phone, the disadvantages are by far wiping out any enjoyment I am getting off the forum. I am saying not a jot more on this issue. I have met some really great people through this and its a crying shame that i will probably lose touch with some of them soon.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2