Turn Off 'Emergency Numbers Deactivated' Screen

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

capelyddol
My Cars: 2007 Peugeot 407sw

Turn Off 'Emergency Numbers Deactivated' Screen

Post by capelyddol »

Since updating the software on my RT4/5 I have this most annoying message pop-up every time I start the car. It reads, "Emergency Numbers Deactivated." I have to go into the menu, then press 'Esc' to get rid of it. I can't see any way to stop it appearing using pp2000, (though I may have missed it). Help me out, somebody. It's driving me nuts. Aaaargh!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Turn Off 'Emergency Numbers Deactivated' Screen

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, this very likely means that the emergency services telephone numbers are invalid or have not been entered properly or are missing. The Emergency Services and Breakdown numbers are Country specific and are usually downloaded to each car on pre-delivery to the customer.

The firmware update you have made could well of resulted in a full system reset, requiring these numbers to be entered. This message will keep coming up until you resolve the problem - it is a safety feature as in an emergency, if the numbers are not valid, then you wouldn't be able to make the emergency call in an accident.

From your post, I've assumed this is a Peugeot, so you will probably need the Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic tool to talk to the head unit ECU and to verify the parameters and configuration is correct for your vehicle. This can happen if the system resets after an update or you have performed a factory reset of the system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

Thanks for that, Marc. It's a 2007 407sw and the RT4/5 had never been updated, so it was a major update. I have the diagbox software and cables and manged to use that to turn back on the climate control screen and cd changer that were deactivated by the update, but I can't seem to find how to access the area that allows for resetting these emergency numbers. If you, or anyone else, can help with that I 'd appreciate it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That is a common issue when undertaking a major system update. I'll have a look and see - it's likely they will need to be programmed into the Telematics system directly as this model shouldn't have a separate MDS module - but leave it with me and I'll see if I can dig out the numbers.

The main emergency number is 112 and is pretty much used all over Europe and other countries around the world. I can't help with the services number as that will be wither your French Peugeot Assist number in France, so you may need to give them a call.

This is where it was located, but may have changed slightly depending on the version of software. As I said, the dealer would usually perform an ECU download based on your VIN to configure the ECUs automatically after a major telematics update.

As for the configuration:
Select the menu "Diagnosis"
Select the vehicle to be diagnosed
Enter the RPO no.
Carry out an global test
Select "Telematics"
Select "Configuration"
Select "Manual configuration"
Select "Configuration services and associated telephone numbers"
Select "Configuration of the automatic service numbers"
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

Thanks very much, Marc. I'm on vacation in Britain right now but I'll give that a try when I get back home.