Peugeot RT4/5 Update Problem

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

capelyddol
My Cars: 2007 Peugeot 407sw

Peugeot RT4/5 Update Problem

Post by capelyddol »

Hi
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this problem, I'm a newbie, but desperate for some help. Here's the problem: 2007 Peugeot 407sw recently purchased with original RT4/5 software (7.01) and maps. I obtained a genuine FW 8.31 disc and updated. All appeared to go well and the update completed with everything working - except the 'Climate' button doesn't now function so I've no idea where the settings are, and my 6-CD, factory-installed, CD changer in the rear isn't recognised. (Both were functional before the update). The radio and forward CD player are working.
I tried reinstalling the software but still have the same problem. I've also updated the French map (we live in Brittany) and the Nav screen is great now. Everything's working fine apart from the two items mentioned. Someone suggested there was a 'system menu' somewhere and items might have become un-ticked', but I'm blowed if I can find it.
I'd greatly appreciate help with this one.
Thanks, in advance.
capelyddol.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot RT4/5 Update Problem

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, let me welcome you to the Forum. I am unable to help (as I have no Peugeot knowledge), but I wonder if there is a way to reset the BSi (there is for the Citroen C series), as this normally clear any glitches (not problems, but glitches)? Failing that, I would see if there is anybody in the vicinity who has a Lexia clone (with the Planet Peugeot software) to get a better readout of the car. There is a list of members with such a device;

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=56452
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm usually on the Citroen side, but I'll do my best to help you. I don't have access to the Peugeot technical docs, but the Audio systems are shared across the PSA group.
I'm a little confused as to the exact system you have and the year - as the RT4 systems on 2007 models would seem to have the hard drive with jukebox function - eliminating the CD Changer as an option. The earlier system did have a CD-Changer option as it was slightly earlier and would only play MP3 files via an MP3 CD in the front unit. I'm looking at the on-line Peugeot manuals for the 2007 407 and these all seem to list the RT4 system with Hard Drive Jukebox and no CD Changer as a source.

Is yours like the system in this link (this is the one of the Citroen Navidrive units with CD-Changer)?
http://www.ukandeuropetravel.com/images ... ctions.pdf
If you are sure the firmware was the correct one for this system, and you cannot select it using the SOURCE button, then it may need activating with the Peugeot Planet 2000 Diagnostic kit, in case the firmware update deactivated it - but this is highly unusual. Firmware updates generally leave the settings unchanged.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

I had a 407 Coupe that had both RT4 and CD Changer......... although the C6 didn't..... :?

I've had a look at another forum, I think this might be of some help http://c6owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... hp?14630.0

Looking at this, I suspect the issue could be mirascripts, so here's a link to those too. http://c6owners.org/download.php?view.290
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

To you guys who've written to help me I'm truly sorry but the day after leaving my post a farmer ran his tractor through our phone lines and took out the phone and internet. We're in rural France, and they don't rush to repair anything here. We're back and running, though only under jury-rig at present!
GiveMeABreak - the car is French (left-hand drive, been in France from new) this may be why it doesn't fit with usual configuration. No, the link doesn't show my unit - this is my unit:
peugeotrt4satnavsystem.jpeg
It has the HDD jukebox/6 cd autochanger/video imput (at least, it had till I updated :!: ).

Hell Raiser 5543 - thanks for the welcome. Not sure what the BSi is, so I don't know if there's any way to reset it. Sadly, your link only covers the UK. I've been in France two years but my grasp of the lingo is still appalling, so it's difficult getting info over here.

Trainman - thanks for those links. Only just back online so I've not had chance to peruse them, but will very soon. Mirascripts? I'm well out-of-date with this stuff!

Thanks guys, anymore info would be well received. I'll check out what you've given me and post back.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The BSi is (If my memory is correct) Body Systems Interface.

I do NOT know if this would work on a 407, so (unless you check it out, and it would work) I would not use it. However, saying that, this is how a BSi reset is done on a C5;

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=40407

What it does is to cleanly shut down all of the ECUs in a C5 (as, normally, when you turn off the ignition and remove the key, the ECUs enter a standby state). Then, when the battery is connected up (and the procedure is properly followed) it cleanly starts them all back up again. It will NOT fix any problems, but it can flush out any glitches.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

Thanks for that, Hell Raiser5543, I wonder if there's anyone out there who can tell us if this will work for a peugeot 407? :?
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Works exactly the same, I've had a 407 coupé, and electronically the systems work exactly the same
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

Great! Thanks, Trainman, I keep that in mind, though I don't think it's going to solve my present problem.
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

Tried a BSi reset on my 407. Followed myglaren's instructions to the letter:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=40407

All went smoothly but I honestly didn't notice any difference when driving (except the clock and date went back sixteen years!). Also it didn't cure my problem with the climate button/screen or the autochanger. I've ordered a Diagbox from eBay, so I'm hoping that will sort out my problems. Watch this space! :rofl2:
capelyddol

Post by capelyddol »

I received mt Lexia3, Diagbox, PP2000 software and associated hardware. Then the nightmare of installing it on the laptop began. I'd already prepared an old Lenovo T42 from some bygone era with the necessary Win XP operating system, but there appeared to be no autorun facility on either of the two DVDs that came with the package. Neither were there any instructions. After hours of various attempts at getting the darned stuff to load I eventually sought help online. I must say a big thank you to JJDiagnostics for their YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irISpCnLIfE
I'm fairly handy with computers, but I don't think I'd ever have managed to install Diagbox without it. It has clear, precise, written instructions and, unlike many YouTube videos, isn't videoed on a mobile phone held by a guy on his fourteenth beer can of the day. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a similar video to install the Diagbox updates on the DVD. My attempts resulted in failure. Although the updates seemed to install, on reopening Diagbox the 'v7.02' in the top right-hand corner stubbornly refused to change. The one video I found on this subject was fairly useless as the guy making it buzzed around the screen with his cursor so fast it was impossible to follow what he was doing, even when using 'pause' every couple of seconds. I gave up updating and decided to try it out on the car.
Initially, the interface was somewhat confusing though it did read the VIN and some other stuff so I didn't have to enter anything, and I soon found a heading that said something like 'Prepare car for a customer', followed by one that said, 'Activation'. Clicking on that set out a whole list of components, one of which was 'dual-climate control', and another, 'CD Autochanger'. I can't remember how exactly they were activated, whether it was with a tick in a box, or just clicking on them, (I'm writing from memory here!) but having done one or the other I took a deep breath and pressed the climate button on the RT4/5. Lo and behold my missing climate screen reappeared as if by magic, and selecting the audio button set my CD auto-changer to producing beautiful music once more.
All in all, a 100% success. Though why updating the RT4/5 software should have turned them off in the first place is quite beyond me.

One problem I had with Diagbox was it continually kept asking me for an authorization code. I didn't know what to put there and I'm not sure if one can actually get authorisation without being a Peugeot employee (or similar) so I turned off the wireless on the computer and eventually it gave up asking. If anyone knows the authorisation code I'd be happy to have it. Thankfully, I didn't need it.

Now all I need is someone in France who can make the driver's side heater blow warm air as well as cold, without charging 2300 euros (main dealer quote) for replacing the 60 euros set of plastic mixer flaps that are needed, and I'll be very happy. Well, until something else goes wrong, of course. :-D
gambler072
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7

Post by gambler072 »

Hello everybody!
First of all, sorry for reviving the old thread.
I have the same problem as capelyddol. Some 20 days ago I've bought a Citroen C5 X7 with Navidrive RT4 and outdated maps. Without reading anything about the new firmware and the potential issues with it I quickly installed the new firmware and maps, and everything seemed fine. But after doing some internet research I've realized that I'm missing 2 things - 1 in the menu - Ability to see climate temperature / position and the navigation screen (now I have only the compass on the left side of the screen) 2. Ability to have some vehicle parameters (not sure whether it's the correct name, never used it before). Does anybody knows how to fix this issue, I really don't like the compass :) I've read many threads concerning the RT4 update, but unfortunately to this moment I didn't find the solution.

Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, first of all welcome to the Forum.

Next can you PM or post up your VIN so I can check the Head Unit and any associated kit with your car. Then I can determine the firmware you you should have.
Can you provide a screenshot of the display, especially when you have pressed the NAV button so I can see what is showing. This will help as a starting point.

Marc
gambler072
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7

Post by gambler072 »

Thanks for the welcome. The HUD is already checked, it's RT4 and it came out from the factory with RT4 and the current FW is 8.31. If VIN is still needed, I will send it. Is there a possibility that the missing functions can be enabled with Lexia or with Mirascripts?
Here are the pictures:

https://ibb.co/m99MXw

https://ibb.co/nB7x5G
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm not sure what your problem is. The temperature is displayed on the images, so is the car position (arrow), and the Navigation screen. What is is you are expecting? Position information can be obtained by pressing the right hand steering wheel button and this should open op the side menu on the navigation screen with your current position information.

You are not missing anything, that is how the system is designed. If you want to experiment with mirascripts for the RT series then there are plenty of other sites with information on this - we don't provide that help here as it is an unsupported modification to the vehicle's systems and can brick your system if you are not sure what you are doing.

Marc