Hello fellow spanner spinners,,

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave O
My Cars: 806,,2.0,Hdi,,,,106,1.5,D,,,,,205,,petrol
6x 2CV6's,,,,
8x old shape Micras,,,
8x old Mini's
Early SD1 3.5 Rover,,,ex Irish pol.chief,,,,fettled
Daimler Double Six Coupe,,,,thirsty catapult

Hello fellow spanner spinners,,

Post by Dave O »

Hi,
My Names Dave O,
been working on Motorcycles and cars of all types for 50 years,since I was twelve,
owned a couple of Peugeot's and a half dozen 2CV6's,,,,,,( great car but 5 hp short of safety )
finished 5 colleges,including Merton,,,,

started as a maintenance fitter in our Heavy Boiler industry,
I then went into Cotton,
worked my way to the top and the big shut down in the late seventies,
went over to working on bikes, usually around a race team,
ran a rolling road with diagnostics when big two strokes were throttled gingerly
and underpants were as strong as the netball teams knickers,,
went across into classic,veteran,vintage,race and exotic cars,
until recently had one off machining capability with tig,,if it can be mended , it was,,,,,
I still have a love of shiny metal,,,,,,wish there was less plastic on modern stuff,,

so a bit of experience to barter with,,,,,

Achilles heel,,,,,,,listening to bulls--t,

also lack of laptop diagnostic experience,
mainly due to factories refusing to give me accurate data when i needed it in the late 70's for race bikes,
grey imports stopped them giving it me,,,,so i stopped putting them up the grid,,,,,

if i can help, i will,,,but limited time,,,,,,,travel frequently between Conwy and Hyde, happy to go a bit off route,,,,
owned a couple of Peugeot's and a half dozen 2CV6's,,,,,,( great car but 5 hp short of safety )

I've had a couple of camper vans and done Harris to Barcelona a couple of times,,,,
regret not having one from my teens,,,,,,,
now I'm learning to sail,,,,
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Hello fellow spanner spinners,,

Post by xantia_v6 »

Welcome to the forum.

I see you have a DD6 coupe. Quite a rarity. I presume that it has the D-jet injection? I have a 1975 XJ-S which is currently awaiting a rear brake overhaul after one of the calipers started leaking.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Dave :D A great selection of vehicles you have there ;)

Tell me more about your 205 please...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

Welcome Dave, oh boy would I like that much room "My Cars: 806,,2.0,Hdi,,,,106,1.5,D,,,,,205,,petrol 6x 2CV6's,,,,, 8x old shape Micras,,,8x old Mini's, Early SD1 3.5 Rover,,,ex Irish pol.chief,,,,fettled Daimler Double Six Coupe,,,,thirsty catapult" or have I got th wrong end of the stick - cars you have had- eh? :rofl2:
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
Dave O
6x 2CV6's,,,,
8x old shape Micras,,,
8x old Mini's

Post by Dave O »

yes,,,,,it's a list of some of the cars i,ve had,,,,,,,,,the daimler and rover being the only ''quick'' ones,,,,not that i ever had a need to go quick in a car,,,,never had skills in that department,,,speed on my bikes is far more thrilling.
Dave O
6x 2CV6's,,,,
8x old shape Micras,,,
8x old Mini's

Post by Dave O »

xantia_v6 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

I see you have a DD6 coupe. Quite a rarity. I presume that it has the D-jet injection? I have a 1975 XJ-S which is currently awaiting a rear brake overhaul after one of the calipers started leaking.
i really wish i hadn't had to sell my DD6 as you put it,,,,needs must when in a London college with mega bills back home,,,,yes it is a list of my some of my old cars, can add about ten vans and 40 motorcycles too,,,

leaking seals and calipers,,,,,,,,,,always change fluid long before normal intervals, try using non hygroscropic race fluids,,,,,,,,as good as jags were put together the alloys, n casts in their brakes want to erode as fast as they can,,,,,i always rebuild my brakes and check the running tolerances between pistons and bores even when theyre new,,,,,,Ferodo's race shop used to be near us at Chapel en le Frith, and always gave us great advise , or would 'turn ' new linings and drums to racing tolerances for us, cheaply,,,,,,they were glad to get things further up the finishing results,,,,,,sadly those days are gone,,,,,,,,,everything now seems to be on a pay per second mobile tariff these days,,,,,,,the love of shiney metal will go with us,,,,,,
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Hellooo ....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting