Radio /Sat nav Screen (RT6)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

renagade
My Cars: had:
2 citroen ds super 5
1 citroen ds pallas
1 citroen bx
1 citroen cx pallas
1 citroen dyan
1 citroen ami
1 citroen 2cv
2009 c5 x7 in Black 84k
2011 c5 x7 in Black Semi Auto on steel springs 76k

now
2011 c5 x7 1.6 e-hdi egs6 black 70k

Radio /Sat nav Screen (RT6)

Post by renagade »

Hi Guy's here I go again, Looking at other cars with screen for radio/sat nav do you think that the screen on my 2011 c5 1.6 e-hdi vtr+ nav is able to be updated?? Some thing that looks alive. I have only had the car two weeks so when the newness has worn off I will leave it alone and just drive it. Ho and by the way went to Sainsbury's to get the weekly shop and some |||||||||| has creased the drivers door for me. That was nice of them. I have ordered som small suckers of the bay and hope I can pull it back.
There are so many roads to travel but so little time, (Paul Cofield )
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Radio /Sat nav Screen

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Simply - no. It's not just a Display screen, it has a lot of processors inside that work with the Head Unit to provide other functionality. The are several types of display screen - the one you have and the one for the Navidrive 3D and RT6 units. Be careful with these as they are between £700-800 minimum to replace!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Radio /Sat nav Screen

Post by Richard_C »

Agreed, all of this stuff is so integrated these days its probably impossible.

Have you tried to customize the appearance through the menus? You can change the colour scheme - one scheme more or less matches the main instrument panel. And there are map options - 3D, 2D and a couple of variations. And you can choose which types of POI show up. I've just sold mine on after 5 years+ and although the screen is not the most modern it was clear and useable and not at all distracting.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini