Citroën c5 aircon

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Citroën c5 aircon

Post by lurchy666 »

Hi havent been on here for a while bit ive got my self a 2.2 hdi c5 estate sx 2002. Been fine for the last few months and while out and about today turned a bit quick right and heard the 3 beep sound for something is wrong. No warning messages on dash or anything. Now this could be a concidence but just after that I noticed the air con getting warmer so stopped and the compressor wasnt engaged and the engine fan isnt running....... Anyway got home and threw lexia on it and on the ac ecu there are no faults but on the bsi as a perminate fault it says air con compressor. To be honest with you havent played with it as was getting dark. Anyone else had this fault code and know what it is....... Only other thing I noticed Is that there is a cable tie around the cable going to the compressor that is loose( ill try jiggling the cable while at work tomorrow and see what happens). Basically just wondering if anyone else has has the code and what they did to fix it
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroën c5 aircon

Post by myglaren »

As it is a C5, wait and see what it is like tomorrow.
They often seem to forget their problems overnight.
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

Was going to do a bsi reset while at work tomorrow see if that helps.... If not itll have to wait till next weekend and ill get the trusty multi meter out.... just hope it dont rain much as it steams up something cronic like all air conned cars ive had laterly when the ac is off....
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

well done some investagion while at work...... think I still got gas....... well lets put it this way the a/c pump has 14.1 volts going to the plug on the pump and it has an earth as well, so its getting fed just the clutch isn't pulling in for some reason........ now going out to take belly pan and inner wheel arch out so I can actually see the pulley and i'll report back......... never had a clutch go on an ac pump before but could it be that?????
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

well ive taken belly pan and wheel arch liner out and cant see anything wrong...... well there does appear to be green gunge coming out between the magnet bit and the pulley but there is nothing on the belly pan and if it was low on pressure there wouldn't be 14 volt going to it when the ac is requested ( or at least in my mind anyway. the end turns pretty freely for about half a turn then stiffens up so could it be the magnet/coil/whatever you wanna call it whats broken and would it be best to replace the whole pump or just the magnet bit.....
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

Right solved it.... The coil on the ac pulley had gone open circuit wouldnt even click on lexia actuation tests.. Found a cheap ac pump on eBay changed it and got it gassed and all is good
Stephen8x8
My Cars: 2007 C5 exclusive auto

Re: Citroën c5 Exclusive 2007 Brokem heater flap

Post by Stephen8x8 »

My car is has dual control climate control. The nearside zone isn't working. It is because the arm from the heater flap is broken. The motor which drives this still works but the arm no longer reaches the motor. I've tried a motor with a longer shaft but this is still too short.
I've seen adverts for heater flap repair kits. is this what I need? If it is, can it be fitted without removing the dashboard?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Have you checked that the motor runs?
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

you need one of the extended motors, I brought one off ebay, part number 6447TK it has an extended spindle, if you look through the thread viewtopic.php?t=37149 on the 5th post there is a picture of all 3 types of motor, the brass cog is the new version and the longer spindle is for if the plastic has already broken

if its passenger side remove glove box and its the bottom one right above where the heater matrix pipes goes in, it is very tight and you need to bend the dash out of the way to get to one of the bolts ( 6 or 7 mm head I think from memory) remove old one and slide new one in and rebuild the glovebox, its not a hard job just a pain

edit sorry just re read ur post and see uve already tried the extended cog, so for you I'm afraid u'll need one of the flap repair kits and from what ive read its basically take dash out to get to the flaps,